Old 06-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Help me with this hand early in Event 25

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet something like 1200 and call shove

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he check raises you all-in, just what do you think you are beating?

[/ QUOTE ]

7x, 88, 99, flush draw, straight draw, lots of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have raised preflop, bet the flop, bet the turn, and the villain is going to think he's ahead with one of those hands? Wouldn't he be more likely to raise the flop with one of those?

I agree that he doesn't have JJ or QQ since he didn't reraise PF, although he may have just called JJ. Again, I think he'd raise that on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

if your image is tight and you raised from early position, what makes you think he wouldnt play all of the hands you are beating cautiously? and for the same reason, what makes you think he wouldnt play all of his very strong hands aggressively?

so the fact that he just called a coordinated board when an all in raise is not a ridiculous overbet means he most likely has hands you are ahead of.

i probably shove. really the stack sizes are just awkward for anything less and bet/folding seems incredibly nitty.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your image is tight and you raised from early position, what makes you think he wouldnt play all of the hands you are beating cautiously? and for the same reason, what makes you think he wouldnt play all of his very strong hands aggressively?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that he's going to be OOP. I think check-calling with a single mid pair here is a risky way to play, because you really have no idea where you stand on the turn. That's why I think with one of those hands he'd either bet into me or CR me right there on the flop.

Does anyone think a check is good? Just use the chips you were gonna use on the turn bet and use them for a crying call on the river. You may give him a free card to beat you sometimes, but you'll also induce some bluffs from him on the river. And he can't bet that much on the river anyway, because it looks like I have nothing if I check the turn.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:53 PM

a check is hideous. we have the best hand in all likelihood, and we're going to get called pretty often. so yeah. checking is awful.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM

OK, one last question...

Is there any bet you can make on the turn that leaves you a reasonable fold if villain check-raises all-in?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a check is hideous. we have the best hand in all likelihood, and we're going to get called pretty often. so yeah. checking is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. check sucks.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, one last question...

Is there any bet you can make on the turn that leaves you a reasonable fold if villain check-raises all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 06-18-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To the guys who said all-in, I take it then you are 100 percent certain he's on a straight or flush draw?

You wanna risk your whole tourney this early on a one-pair hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I dunno what he has but the pot is very big and any bet commits you pretty much. I mean not much difference between betting a bit less. Also your comment shows a really bad atittude, you can't expect to be 100% certain of things while playing poker.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:16 AM

Well, it seems the consensus opinion from this board is that you all would have been heading for the rail just like me.

I bet 1500 on the turn. Villain pushed all-in. I had only 1100 left, so I called. He had J5, hitting trips on the turn to beat me.

My first reaction was that I should have bet 1000 instead of 1500, because then I'd have had 1600 left and could have folded if he CRed me. I don't think he goes check-call, check-raise without a hand better than one pair, so I've got to be able to get away if he does that.

However, a few other players I respect suggested that the check behind on the turn and then a crying call on the river was also an OK line. Sure, it sucks to possibly give a free card to beat me, but I'm also going to induce some bluffs. If villain actually has a pair, I doubt he pushes anyway, because he thinks I have nothing and he wants me to call. Also, there are river cards that could scare him too, like any A, K or Q (since it looks like I have AK or AQ.)

If you really think about it, that's not much different than pushing the turn. If I push the turn, the only hands that will call me are the ones that are sending me home. If I call a push on the river, I may also get sent home, but I also may double-up when he misses his card and bluffs.

Anyone buy that?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To the guys who said all-in, I take it then you are 100 percent certain he's on a straight or flush draw?

You wanna risk your whole tourney this early on a one-pair hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I dunno what he has but the pot is very big and any bet commits you pretty much. I mean not much difference between betting a bit less. Also your comment shows a really bad atittude, you can't expect to be 100% certain of things while playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I meant is that a push is going to fold the hands you want to call, and get called by hands that are beating you. If you push, it means you are disregarding the possibility that you are already behind.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Help me with this hand early in Event 25 *DELETED*

Post deleted by djk123