Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: $520+50 Borgata Supersatellite hand

1000bbs!?? As for the hand, I would be grateful to get that kind of action. Easy push.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:16 PM

You did give us a nice story, but I have a feeling that there is some critical missing piece to this story that makes "all-in" the incorrect answer, and until you post that piece of evidence everybody is going to say that this is an easy push on the flop.

Did you win an entry to this $570 or buy in directly? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 09:59 AM

I agree with Doylestown in that he could have anything from AA to a strong draw (considering his earlier play with 10-10), or even A-rag (maybe A-5?). I'd easily put him on K-10 suited, but it could be as strong as bullets.

But the problem is not necessarily what you put him on, but what he has put you on. Maybe he put you on J-J or 10-10 or maybe his reasoning is as dumb as putting you on A-medium and maybe he has A-Q or something. You overbet the pot, so he may be putting you on a steal c-bet, so he raises strong.

I'm expecting something crazy here like pocket 5s or 6s. Tell us what happened!

BTW, are you going back up this coming weekend? I'm driving up Thur morning for the $750+60. You say they only had 70 players for this super? So the turnout is light?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:35 AM

I flatcalled so I could fold if the turn was an Ace or diamond. I left myself w/ 2800 (my earlier math was incorrect).

The turn was a Queen and he kinda smoked the bet all-in. I called and was ready to vomit if he showed AQ. He had A7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so he had outs to an Ace, 7, Queen or diamond (17 out of 44, 38% equity) and he hit on the river so I got busted instead of having a 24k stack. It was a bummer.

Turnout was light, I think the main event will have between 180 and 200 entrants. I am not planning on going next weekend but good luck to anyone who plays.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:27 PM

Flat calling the flop so you could fold on a diamond or ace turn is completely insane IMO. You don't know exactly what he has, the pot is gigantic he could have like AJ for all you know. Folding on an ace turn is also ridiculously dangerous, because there is always some possibility that he has KQd, KJd, JTd etc. I would definitely have just gone allin on the flop and stopped myself from outguessing myself later.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:32 PM

not shoving the flop is really bad. you cost yourself a ton of value when you let diamonds fold on the turn.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not shoving the flop is really bad. you cost yourself a ton of value when you let diamonds fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is 15k and there is less than 3k behind. Im pretty sure we are fine with diamonds folding, and Im also sure there is 0% chance this happens.