Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: 4/180 WTF do I do here

No way I'm just calling almost 20% of my stack at this stage with 4 other players in the hand. This is totally dependant on my read, but I think this is an easy fold, only because it looks like a few of the players have committed themself (I think, you're post is a little unclear) If the stack sizes allow for fold equity I would definitely shove all in here.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:16 AM

Come on, use the converter right and include stacks in the OP plz. Anyway look slike OR is heezy so he's raising 800 of a 5800 stack, could have a monster but something like 99-JJ, or AT-AJ is also very likely. This is an easy push. You're probably getting called but who cares, you're getting sick overlay on a flip. Calling is teh suxors.

[ QUOTE ]
the most important thing is the read on the utg raiser. if he's uber-tight, his range has you crushed, and there are huge reverse implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily true. Nitty doesn't mean good and many nitty players have no idea how to play post flop so they raise larger with their non premium's (99-JJ, AT-AQ) just hoping to take it down preflop.

There are no reverse-implied odds if you just push. And you don't have to be a favorite here to make psuhing +EV.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:45 AM

I think this is a trivially easy push with so much dead money in the pot... we are fine by getting called by 22-JJ and I think you will get looked up by some weaker aces fairly often too for the same reason.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:18 AM

donk all in. There's so many dead chips in there to make it worthwile in case you're up against AK, I think we can rule out AA KK for utg raiser so go for it.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:58 AM

It's either a shove or a fold. Depends on UTG IMO. No one else had you dominated. UTG could have AK or a big pair, but it's more likely that you are flipping with him.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's either a shove or a fold. Depends on UTG IMO. No one else had you dominated. UTG could have AK or a big pair, but it's more likely that you are flipping with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd lean towards folding here. Even if UTG (or, for that matter, anyone else who might call your all-in) has an underpair, I think it is really doubtful that all of your outs are still in the deck. With this much preflop action, there is a pretty good chance that at least one of the other players is holding an ace, too.

Thus, I doubt that you're in a coinflip situation, preflop, against any of the other players in the hand. Rather, if you get called, I suspect that you're either way ahead of a loose call by a weaker Ace or a significant underdog to a pair because some of your outs have been folded.

I like AQ, but not with this much action against a rational UTG raiser.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ur gettin 10 to 1 so u have to call but play the flop very carefully

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the last thing you want to do here. Preflop, you need to shove or get out the way and fold.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the most important thing is the read on the utg raiser. if he's uber-tight, his range has you crushed, and there are huge reverse implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily true. Nitty doesn't mean good and many nitty players have no idea how to play post flop so they raise larger with their non premium's (99-JJ, AT-AQ) just hoping to take it down preflop.

There are no reverse-implied odds if you just push. And you don't have to be a favorite here to make psuhing +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was making an argument against calling because of the huge reverse implied odds.

basically, i was saying that it is very unlikely that pushing is -ev here, because the utg raiser's range is very likely very wide. IF the utg raiser's range has you dominated, then you should fold.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Easy shove readless.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
donk all in. There's so many dead chips in there to make it worthwile in case you're up against AK, I think we can rule out AA KK for utg raiser so go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can rule out AA and KK...I can see lowering the probability just because of the number of callers and you having an ace.

Also, am I missing something? How is everyone coming up with 10:1 odds here unless they are taking into account stack odds? From what I see there's 2700 in the pot, 700 to call...almost 4:1.

Sorry if I'm oblivious to something in the OP.