Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Default 25NL - River action

I'm getting back into the full swing of things lately. This is my first full week of trying to get hands in and really the first time I've applied myself fully to learning and really getting better. I've always been a mostly recreational player and burned through my deposits with no real plan for my money. I'd just play whatever I felt like playing at the time whether it be cash or tournaments or HU or whatever.

I started this last week and found that I wasn't taking 5NL or 10NL seriously (even though I was winning), so I'm at 25NL now and I feel comfortable there. I don't have the $500 that is "required by 2+2" to play 25NL, but I can replenish my br, so there's no worries about downswings.

Anyways, onto the hands.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $40.45
BB: $27.30
UTG: $19.15
CO: $14.50
BTN: $24.75

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain's sixth hand at the table, no reads.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

River: ($1.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $10.00, Hero calls or pushes?

Thoughts to this point: Unraised pot, I pot the turn when I make the smaller of two straights and overbet the river with the second nuts and raised. Shove or call? What hands are we expecting to see here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $18.05
BB: $24.75
UTG: $20.00
Hero (MP): $63.90
CO: $31.20
BTN: $25.25

Reads: <font color="blue">UTG bought into the table for only $10. I relieved him of his remaining $6 stack with a flopped set vs. his flush draw which never got there. He's since worked his $15 rebuy back up to a reasonable stack. I don't think very highly of his play, but it's a small sample.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 4 folds

Flop: ($1.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.00, UTG raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00

River: ($5.85) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG bets $2.50, Hero's action?

I think it's close here whether or not to raise or call. What hands are we expecting to see here? How do you play the river?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: 25NL - River action

1. Fold PF (not close). Shove river - it's a cooler if you lose.

2. Bet $1 on the flop or check. The min-bet sucks. I don't mind checking. Just call river.