Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Barry Greenstein Bet Agaisnt Eli Elezra Good or bad Odds?

[ QUOTE ]
i bet and the AK7 raised. eli tanked forever and when he finally folded he showed his hand and proudly remarked about the great laydown he just made

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I misreading the action or did he expose his hole cards when he folded with action still pending on 5th and 2 more betting rounds to go? Or was one of you all in?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 AM

MARIO ELLIE FTW
Old 06-17-2007, 04:38 AM

sorry rubbish, yes i was allin, but the other guy had alot of chips. eli had split queens with no redraw for the record.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:42 AM

Given that the bet paid out more than 1st, it's a virtual certainty that dealmaking was permitted in the barry/eli bet. Otherwise he'd be a huge moron to even consider making a deal, regardless of chip position.

Maybe there was some clause in the bet where he only got paid 7:1 or whatever if a deal was made.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry lay 10-1 bet against Eli to win a bracelet, and it's about to happen with Eli hold 11-3 chips lead Over scotty Nguyen..
How you think of that 10-1 odds???

[/ QUOTE ]

If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I'm gonna be a very rich man

Old 06-17-2007, 07:45 AM

Given how important bracelets are in the poker world these days, I'd be very surprised if Scotty N threw the tourney.

Maybe Eli made him an offer he couldn't refuse...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:07 AM

lol

Is Scotty really that tight for money that he'd make a deal here? you see this guy bust out of a tournament, all he wants is to win it looks like. I know money is important, but I'd think with the top superstars, it becomes more about the bracelts.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

Is Scotty really that tight for money that he'd make a deal here? you see this guy bust out of a tournament, all he wants is to win it looks like. I know money is important, but I'd think with the top superstars, it becomes more about the bracelts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eli could have made ANY deal here, he may have sidebet action with other parties or he could just be really rich and really want a bracelet and be willing to may real human dollars
Old 06-17-2007, 11:55 AM

My guess would be that if there was a deal, it was to chop first and second place money (about $155,000 each) and play for the bracelet. Mention of a possible deal was made when they were fairly even in chips. These two know each other well and have for many years. The bracelet was probably important to them both...it was Eli's first and would have been Scotty's 5th, and there are only 14 living players who have won 5 or more, so Scotty would have joined some elite company had he won.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Interesting article:

Final Thoughts
Once this event got heads up, it turned into a carnival atmosphere. The drinks were flying as quickly as the cards, and at times, the players didn't seem overly interested in the outcome.

While Eli Elezra won nearly $200,000 in prize money, he made much more with the side action. He specifically mentioned a bet with Barry Greenstein -- Greenstein put him at 10-to-1 to win a bracelet this year, and Elezra bet $25,000. Elezra can now collect the $250,000, and during his interview he said, "I'm sorry, Barry Greenstein. I got you, baby!"

Elezra mentioned additional side action which might take his total earnings to $500,000 -- plus the paltry $200,000 of "official" prize money.

This is Eli Elezra's first WSOP bracelet, and before today, he was one of the best poker players in the world without one on his resume. That can't be said anymore.