Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: I want you to get mad

Having watched the longer video:

- She's clearly a drama queen who was agitated at being stopped and checked

- Given her obviously unstable mental state, they were definitely justified in stopping her

- She was never manhandled

- Making her clean up the water was a dick move by the security guards. That's assuming she was made to and didn't offer to.

- I don't see why this is anything to get upset about.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Nielsio ignored the fact that millions of people go through without any hassles at all. This isolated incident (even if true) is pretty much proof that the system works extremely well at protecting liberties.

[/ QUOTE ]

If taking your shoes off, putting all your toiletries in a plastic bag, throwing away all liquids, waiting in line, etc. is no hassle at all . . .
Old 06-16-2007, 07:57 PM

waiting in line? give me a break
Old 06-16-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no sound so you can hardly make anything out from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the blurry ass videos you post from 10 miles away prove that the WTC was blown up with dynamite. Awesome. You can tell exactly whats happening. Neilsio, you got served.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waiting in line? give me a break

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not agreeing with Nielso or anything, but the whole process is a hassle. I mean, the fact that I have to get to the airport 45 minutes sooner to account for the lines I have to wait in sucks.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Nielsio ignored the fact that millions of people go through without any hassles at all. This isolated incident (even if true) is pretty much proof that the system works extremely well at protecting liberties.

[/ QUOTE ]

If taking your shoes off, putting all your toiletries in a plastic bag, throwing away all liquids, waiting in line, etc. is no hassle at all . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

... but you have nothing to hide do you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 09:31 PM

Really, if making me wait in line for like 45 minutes means they may catch someone taking something on the plane they plan on using to harm me I'm okay with that. Taking your shoes off for a minute or two isn't a big deal either, you know you'll have to do all this before you go in so what's the big deal? You could always go the 'hassle free' route and drive yourself there.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, if making me wait in line for like 45 minutes means they may catch someone taking something on the plane they plan on using to harm me I'm okay with that. Taking your shoes off for a minute or two isn't a big deal either, you know you'll have to do all this before you go in so what's the big deal? You could always go the 'hassle free' route and drive yourself there.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, my whole hassle comment was in response to someone who said that wasn't a hassle at all. It is very much an annoyance and a disturbance in my travel. The lady in this case was probably in the wrong and a giant bitch, but that doesn't mean that it's not a hassle to travel with all these extra precautions.

The big deal is that these things don't actually work to make us much safer. You think that someone trying to sneak in explosives doesn't know that we check shoes now? How dumb would you have to be to try to use that trick again?

What if the next terrorist hides something in a secret pocket in his pants? Are we going to start requiring passengers to strip off their pants? I'm just not really sold that all these extra precautions amount to anything other than an illusion of safety.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Stick of dynamite up the ass FTW !!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The big deal is that these things don't actually work to make us much safer. You think that someone trying to sneak in explosives doesn't know that we check shoes now? How dumb would you have to be to try to use that trick again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, in fact there shouldn't even be metal detectors or xray machines in the airports. Do you think someone trying to sneak weapons, guns,knives onto a plane doesn't already know that there are metal detectors and xray machines?