Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Bellagio and the \"must move\" rules

So I'm playing 20/40 stud this morning at bellagio and I'm in the second game. I play for about half an hour and then they tell me I have to move to the main game. So I rack up and pick up my chips and go to the main table. The problem is when I get there they are all gone. Every single one is walking. So I say what the [censored] and then then ask if I can go back to the other game. The floor tell me its against the rules. First question is why would they move to me to a game where no ones there?

I wait a few minutes and around 3 or 4 come back. I put my ante in to play and no one else does. I ask them why we're not starting and dealer and the players say they won't play short. So I then ask, "Would all you nits please leave so I can play as I can't go back to the other table." They refuse to leave. I try to explain nicely how unfair it is to take up a seat and refuse to play. Old lady says she "understands what I am saying". No she didn't because if she did she would leave. I call the floor and he tells me it's perfectly within the rules. Well I say the rules need to be changed. I left right away at of protest and went to go play at the Wynn.

Here's an idea for another rule for must move games. If you are physically present at a must move table and refuse to play, and will not leave you are outed after 5 minutes. They can call it the nit clause. Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Bellagio and the \"must move\" rules

Sounds pretty standard for Bellagio's stud game from what I've experienced of it. I didn't know they were getting 2 games going these days, though.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 PM

I played in that game 3 handed for about 4 hours in the wee hours one morning.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 PM

Random aside - did you get to play (or observe) the 50-100 at all. I'm heading down next weekend!

Jeff
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 PM

If the game stops the floor should call back the players and if they're not back in X amount of time they should be picked up from the table.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds pretty standard for any mid limit stud game where the average age is ~89 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 03:03 AM

I haven't seen 50-100 go yet as alot of the players have been playing the 40-80 mix, but I've only been there twice for a few hours so far as the Rio PLO games are awesome.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea for another rule for must move games. If you are physically present at a must move table and refuse to play, and will not leave you are outed after 5 minutes. They can call it the nit clause. Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated?

[/ QUOTE ]

so then the nits will step away from the table so that they are not physically present.

Better rule, if the players stop the game do to not playing or walking away, that game becomes the must move and the other game is the main game, no player refusing to play or absent form the new moust move game can go to the main game.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so then the nits will step away from the table so that they are not physically present.

Better rule, get rid of must-move games.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.