Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Default QQ - allin decision on flop

$150+12 Poker Room weekly Euro Grand Prix, early in the tourney, 2nd level.
I have got 3725 and it's my first appearance in such heights. In fact, I have got some $10-30 MTT and SNG experience, but play them only when i get bored playing my ring game (like now, in this semester's exam period [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I'm also new to the MTT forums, so just tell me if my post is incomplete or something.
UTG+2 is having 5155, a few hands before he minraised preflop with KK and stacked a guy with AQ on a Q high board (starting stack was 2500). Otherwise he was playing tight.
BB (1300 in chips) has played a few small pots (usually he was the agressor), and a big one. I open-limped in MP with 55, called a minraise and saw a 5-way flop: T95r. I bet half the pot, got 2 callers behind me. An 8 came on the turn, I bet 350 into a ~550 pot he raised to 700 I pushed, he folded, clearly not having much of a hand.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15/t30
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises to t60</font>, 5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t105</font>, BB calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t180)</font>, UTG+2 calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t270)</font>.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t315, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets t240</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t1180</font>, UTG+2 folds, hero ...

1. was my pfr big enough?
2. what factors do I need to consider in this allin calling/folding situation?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: QQ - allin decision on flop

Your pfr was REALLY bad.

You should make a real reraise with QQ and you should make an even bigger reraise when you are out of position. This reraise will always give people proper odds to call but it also conveys the strength of your hand... and you are out of position. Gross

I raise to 200 here, the UTG+2 raiser isn't folding anyway.

As played your flop bet was fine, unfortunately you have to fold now. (Although the mitigating factors that he could have a club draw or 9T are strong enough to make it close, unfortunately you are drawing pretty slim when you are behind... which is often)
Old 06-16-2007, 04:37 PM

your pre flop raise was horrible and thats what going to happen when you do that... your bet on the flop was fine but fold
Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 PM

I'm really chuffed that my initial reaction was identical to that of Cornell Fiji.

The pre-flop needs to give opponents chance to fold - I raise 200.

Definite fold now though as played.