Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Obama Insight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He must've learned something in law school. He taught law at the University of Chicago: a Top 10 Law School.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those who can, do...

[/ QUOTE ]
Prop bet: The last U of C law professor who left his job for a law firm tripled his salary. Up for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bet: The last U of C law professor who failed the bar and left his job for a law firm didn't get hired. Up for it?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:54 PM

Does anyone have a link or citation showing he failed his Bar exam?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:59 PM

I am really skeptic of him not passing the bar. He did graduate Magna Cum Lade at Harvard.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He must've learned something in law school. He taught law at the University of Chicago: a Top 10 Law School.

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmative Action ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fo' realz? I'm going to assume you're just being purposefully ridiculous...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he couldn't pass the bar, this is very very likely the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmative Action ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just ignorant, you dont go to havard law and end up teaching at chicago law if you arent insanely qualified, i bet you arent smart enough to do that
Old 06-16-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmative Action ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just ignorant, you dont go to havard law and end up teaching at chicago law if you arent insanely qualified, i bet you arent smart enough to do that

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very surprised if the average qualifications of blacks and Hispanics accepted to Harvard and other prestigious institutions/degrees aren't significantly lower than those of accepted whites and Asians. Article with examples of such differences.

I have no idea about Obama's qualifications, but I think his background and subsequent success indicates that affirmative action wasn't a significant factor in his case.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmative Action ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet I would be if I was black.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmative Action ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ people who confuse things that only really require hard work with things that require intelligence. I would say probably more than half the people on this board are "smart enough" to do this. They certainly don't want to though.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirmative Action ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very surprised if the average qualifications of blacks and Hispanics accepted to Harvard and other prestigious institutions/degrees aren't significantly lower than those of accepted whites and Asians. Article with examples of such differences.

I have no idea about Obama's qualifications, but I think his background and subsequent success indicates that affirmative action wasn't a significant factor in his case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I have a feeling that all those old Bell Curve posts are going to start popping up?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I come close to tears of frustration when I think about how many people will end up voting for him based on these nicely phrased statements about rungs, nets, and government that is AWOL (????!!!!).

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...I agree about how it is sad people will vote for him on these nice little things he says...maybe at some point they will realize he is way out their to the left