View Poll Results: What's the plan?
Call 5 45.45%
Reraise ~$250 and call a push 5 45.45%
Reraise ~$250 and fold to a push 1 9.09%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2007, 08:03 AM

Default KK - deep nl10

This hand turned up in my uni poker forum, no reads, and i don't have the hand history to convert I'm afraid. Interested in peoples thoughts, since I was surprised that opinion was split.

Party Poker 10NL

Hero: ~$20

Button: ~$25

Dealt to Hero (KsKh)

Hero (UTG) raises to $0.40

(folds to button)

Button raises to $1.50

(blinds fold)

Hero raises to $5.50

Button goes all in for ~$25

Hero ???
Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: KK - deep nl10

It's a pretty tough decision. Both of you have a pretty decent sized stack. He knows it, and you know it.

I think vs an unknown I'm calling. Simply because he has position on you.

He might be popping you with AQ/AK/JJ/QQ/KK/AA initially.

Then you pop him...

Now villain is probably thinking "I know he knows I could be popping him with a large range. It's likely hero has a reasonable hand being an unknown but since we're this deep he might actually fold everything but AA".

So he pulls the trigger with an AK/QQish hand. Sure he could have aces, but I think it's not often enough to lay it down.

Also you have no idea how he got his stack or what's been going on at the table. Maybe he was wildly drunk and was shoving every hand preflop.

Is this reasoning bad?
Old 06-16-2007, 08:16 AM

What about a call? Even though it's deepstacked, you still have so many donks on 10NL that do this with 1010+ and AQ+, so I surely would've called.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 AM

I would have thought this is an easy call, following a similar logic to middelemiel, but several good MSNL players say that this is a fold. And they have ground their way up there so have experienced the micros. I'm just interested what the opinions of uNL are wrt whether doesn't have aces enough to call or not?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:21 AM

this is ridiculous... u have the second best hand in NL HE and think that you are going to lay it down... you are dominated by one hand and dominate every other hand in the deck... this thread IMO is a joke... you are never laying KK down unless you have a magical reading ability
Old 06-16-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is ridiculous... u have the second best hand in NL HE and think that you are going to lay it down... you are dominated by one hand and dominate every other hand in the deck... this thread IMO is a joke... you are never laying KK down unless you have a magical reading ability

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 10:24 AM

I wouldn't be calling this unless he is a donk. The number of times the 4th raise has been AA for me in this spot...
Old 06-16-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be calling this unless he is a donk. The number of times the 4th raise has been AA for me in this spot...

[/ QUOTE ]
this is ridiculous... this is easily being raised by QQ JJ 10 10 AK AQ(maybe) 99... and u lose to AA...
lets look at what we beat... now look at what we lose to... lay it down if you want.. quote from a website...
"In a 6 handed game, you are dealt KK. You raise and an opponent reraises all-in. What are the chances that your opponent has AA"?

Coming back from the break, they said that the correct answer is 1/44. LOL and u want to fold
Old 06-16-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was as clear cut as that well, until several winning MSNL players posted otherwise.. I still call, but I don't think considering the fold is [ QUOTE ]
rediculous

[/ QUOTE ], aces is clearly the most likely holding for villain, although I do think QQ and AK are in his range enough to make this an easy call.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is ridiculous... this is easily being raised by QQ JJ 10 10 AK AQ(maybe) 99... and u lose to AA...
lets look at what we beat... now look at what we lose to... lay it down if you want.. quote from a website...
"In a 6 handed game, you are dealt KK. You raise and an opponent reraises all-in. What are the chances that your opponent has AA"?

Coming back from the break, they said that the correct answer is 1/44. LOL and u want to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

How deep would the stacks have to be for you to consider folding can I ask?