Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: $10 6MAX: Flop FH where to get some value?

Am I in the STTF forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 AM

I think that this hand is one of those deals where you want to start early. I would lead right out on the flop with a decent sized bet, 2/3 to 3/4 pot. On that board on the flop, he is going to be calling with many different hands for different reasons:

1. On a ragged board like that (especially if you have been playing aggressively), it will be in his mind that you might be trying to push him out.

2. A lot of players at this level will make the call with overcards. (Even some decent players will make this call in position, and may try a turn steal if you check to them).

3. He could actually have an overpair, in which case this pot is going to get big quick.

4. also yes sometimes he will actually have the flush draw.

Check calling the flop just gets you in that "Oh noes... what should I do now" position on the turn.

Yes most of the time, you will take this down on the flop. But you will get enough loose flop calls, and i believe create more big pot situations by coming out aggressively.

It would be more interesting if you had initially posted this hand just up to the flop.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:37 AM

you can't extract value when the villain doesn't have anything. bet or raise on the flop or turn, it doesnt really matter where. if he folds, well there's not a magical way to play the hand that villain pays you off w/ nothing.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:16 AM

just a general thing ive seen in these 2 hands. looks like u r play MUCH too passive with ur big hands. this is MICROnl. these people u r playin r complete tards and there biggest flaw is CALLING to loose post flop. so obv tha way to capaitalize is to value bet tha [censored] out of them. tptk is tha nutz let alone a boat. u gotta get monies into the pot asap.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just a general thing ive seen in these 2 hands. looks like u r play MUCH too passive with ur big hands. this is MICROnl. these people u r playin r complete tards and there biggest flaw is CALLING to loose post flop. so obv tha way to capaitalize is to value bet tha [censored] out of them. tptk is tha nutz let alone a boat. u gotta get monies into the pot asap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I TOTALLY agree, I am making a conscious effort to stay away from big pots, and it's hurting me on times like this when I want to get all my chips in. I think part of the problem is that I am c-betting so frequently, and getting so little resistance that when I want someone to play back, I'm reluctant to appear too aggressive.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I TOTALLY agree, I am making a conscious effort to stay away from big pots, and it's hurting me on times like this when I want to get all my chips in. I think part of the problem is that I am c-betting so frequently, and getting so little resistance that when I want someone to play back, I'm reluctant to appear too aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]this will happen at time obv. but if u play the hand passively and dont bet u have almost NO chance to get 100bbs or bigger into the pot by the river without some weird over bet or sumtin. but by cbetting a lot people will start to pick up on this thus giving u a lot more action when u do hit ur hands. gotta at least give them a chance to call 3 streets with their 3rd pair or w/e [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]