Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Dicussion on betting missed draws

i said to much
Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM

Unless you have some sd value I think not betting would be idiotic. Yes you get looked up light but mostly the guy doesn't have anything.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
play it same way u would tp

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? if i have tp i'm leading the river because i expect to get called by a ton of hands. why would i want to make a bluff when i expect to get called a lot? just give up, check fold and move on to the next hand. if you want to combat for pot, come up with something more creative than checking the flop and turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, you can play top pair and busted draw the same way and be profitable on all of your bets wether value bet or bluffs. And I think this kind of spot illustrate pretty well a spot where this is likely to be true.
The flaw in your logic is not thinking percentage, so you need to remember, although he might call with "lots of hands" this does NOT mean you will get called a lot (percentage wise). For exemple imagine if his check behind range is like King hi or worse and middle pair.

To OP: Basically, i'll bet here most busted draws because his range is very weak and you'll get easily the required amount of fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to argue with you, but the more i think about it, the more i'm okay with your post. i dunno i can't really articulate my thoughts very well. i'll let others argue i guess.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM

To address the OP's question of "What texture flops are you going to try to steal? Would you be more prone to steal versus a nit/TAG/LAG?".

I think you are thinking along the wrong lines here, obviously these variables play some role in the decision to bluff the river, however I do no believe they are the most important. The villians perception of your play to this point and your overall table image should be your largest concern. If you have been playing nice and tight to this point your line may look like a big hand trying to get tricky. I would bluff this situation a good amount as a tight player because your image will get you the needed FE to make it profitable long run. OBV don't bluff an Ace river or into a known calling station.

J
Old 06-16-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To address the OP's question of "What texture flops are you going to try to steal? Would you be more prone to steal versus a nit/TAG/LAG?".

I think you are thinking along the wrong lines here, obviously these variables play some role in the decision to bluff the river, however I do no believe they are the most important. The villians perception of your play to this point and your overall table image should be your largest concern. If you have been playing nice and tight to this point your line may look like a big hand trying to get tricky. I would bluff this situation a good amount as a tight player because your image will get you the needed FE to make it profitable long run. OBV don't bluff an Ace river or into a known calling station.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. It's going to depend a lot more on what the board is and his range as opposed to our image.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lead the flopppppppppppp. it gives you so many more options in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if we get raised? 3b allin?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? if i have tp i'm leading the river because i expect to get called by a ton of hands. why would i want to make a bluff when i expect to get called a lot? just give up, check fold and move on to the next hand. if you want to combat for pot, come up with something more creative than checking the flop and turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, you can play top pair and busted draw the same way and be profitable on all of your bets wether value bet or bluffs. And I think this kind of spot illustrate pretty well a spot where this is likely to be true.
The flaw in your logic is not thinking percentage, so you need to remember, although he might call with "lots of hands" this does NOT mean you will get called a lot (percentage wise). For exemple imagine if his check behind range is like King hi or worse and middle pair.

To OP: Basically, i'll bet here most busted draws because his range is very weak and you'll get easily the required amount of fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I haven't been betting that many busted draws oop because I feel like we get looked up pretty easily.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:06 PM

This line is so incredibly transparent, I only do it vs people that dont read hands at all. And most people do that NL600 up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 01:27 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why are we imagining this? seriously, i don't get it.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lead the flopppppppppppp. it gives you so many more options in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if we get raised? 3b allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

3b or fold depending on how aggressive they are vs leads.