Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Annie Duke Interview Controversy regarding Ladies WSOP event.

[ QUOTE ]
4 women have final tabled so far this WSOP. Kathy Liebert would be #5 if she makes it through tonight.
They need their own event. And Annie Duke doesn't have to enter if she doesn't want to.
The WSOP should offer flight B events. All past winners would be barred from flight B events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unnecessary.

Before they shuffle up and deal, just make past winners chose from the following:

a. Must play with one eye covered with an eye patch, a parrot on shoulder, a wooden leg and a hook as an arm (AKA Pirate mode).

b. Must play with one arm and one leg chopped off (AKA Life of Brian mode)

c. Must play in full gimp regalia-ball-gagged, & leather clad (AKA Guantanamo/Pulp Fiction mode)

Go Photoshoppers, Go!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, seems Jeffery Pollack has weighed in about weather or not the the Ladies WSOP event will remain a bracelet event in his blog over here:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Annie Duke about the implications that the women's event has to the women's lib movement. I am also in favor of keeping the event in the WSOP, mainly because people like you (big dummies) just don't get it. Your boyfriend/husband really needs to step in here and tell you how to think properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think for myself, and I don't need a boyfriend/husband to tell me how to think, thank you very much.

Just because I don't agree, doesn't mean I don't get it. I've played in major (mixed) events, cashed in several of them, and have one several of them (including a 10k event when I was living in Cincinnati, Ohio).

For me I find the WOEs fun to play in, and I do know of several women who got their start into poker via these very types of events who might not of otherwise entered the poker world.

I respect Annie's position, however that said, she should repect ours as well, and not try to take something away that is needed by many others.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, seems Jeffery Pollack has weighed in about weather or not the the Ladies WSOP event will remain a bracelet event in his blog over here:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Annie Duke about the implications that the women's event has to the women's lib movement. I am also in favor of keeping the event in the WSOP, mainly because people like you (big dummies) just don't get it. Your boyfriend/husband really needs to step in here and tell you how to think properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think for myself, and I don't need a boyfriend/husband to tell me how to think , thank you very much.

Just because I don't agree, doesn't mean I don't get it. I've played in major (mixed) events, cashed in several of them, and have one several of them (including a 10k event when I was living in Cincinnati, Ohio).

levelled? I had to open an account for this just so I could be first to say...jebus

beat: I suck at quoting
Old 06-15-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think an all Vietnamese event would be pretty awesome and I would watch the final table on TV. I think an all Vietnamese women's event would be doubly awesome, and would watch that final table on TV as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be particularly awesome to see a 100-entrant tournament over in three levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this not get any acknowledgement?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:04 AM

wow i'm surprised no one is talking about the remark about doyle brunson.

Jesus she acts like he's completely senile and worthless... I bet he'd smack her around if he was there when she said that. Pimp cane yo.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think for myself, and I don't need a boyfriend/husband to tell me how to think, thank you very much.

For me I find the WOEs fun to play in, and I do know of several women who got their start into poker via these very types of events who might not of otherwise entered the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

...one lol. And no you didnt.
Anyway.

All that is good BUT just dont award a bracelet during a non open event and we are good.

...one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2007, 02:16 AM

open challenge to annie duke... HU FOR ROLLS?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I respect Annie's position, however that said, she should repect ours as well, and not try to take something away that is needed by many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone should respect you for fundamentaly flawed reasoning. The reason the WSOP has a Women's only event is because they feel it is a GIMMICK to get more revenue, especially from those that may otherwise not play. Dividing playing feilds based on anything other than intelectual ability is problematic.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...one lol. And no you didnt.
Anyway.

All that is good BUT just dont award a bracelet during a non open event and we are good.

...one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Okay, the spelling/grammer police got me there, and I guess I should be happy if that one word is all you can find wrong with in my reply.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2007, 06:22 AM

I'd hit it