Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 12:22 AM

Default river problems....

A tricky little river spot for me...button is a 28/12/1 after 60 hands....do i check and then vomit when the button pushes after the perfect scare card or just shove the river hoping a lesser 2p to go along for the ride??

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($45.30)
BB ($168)
UTG ($287.45)
Hero ($185.90)
Button ($691.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]1 fold</font>, [color=Red]Hero raises to $7</font>, Button calls $7, [color=Gray]2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($17) 8[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $17</font>, Button calls $17.

Turn: ($51) K[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $51</font>, Button calls $51.

River: ($153) Q[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero ??????
Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: river problems....

he doesn't have a ten often at all. a set of eights (prob not), AJ, K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], AQ are possible, and so is a naked fd since he seems fishy and has a lot of $$ to spew, possibly pair + fd 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something.

someone, i think caterp made a post about shoving rivers when you think you're good a fair bit but can't stand a lot of calls and you basically you put him in a shiite spot. this may be a place to do that i'm not positive though.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 AM

I would shove. I think with his hand range he gets into a lot of turn and river bets he probably shouldn't see. My guess is he was on the flush draw, just trying to check through to hit it. (Especially if he felt he had a lot of money to spend...do you know how he won it?) You shove, he folds.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:31 AM

my line of thought was since he called bot bets pretty quick, he most likely had Ax or a flush draw...i figured the best line was to check and let him shove his busted draw

...it turns out he did have a draw like i thought, except it was 9T straight draw