Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: If you aren\'t playing on matchbook, you\'re doing yourself a disser

"Matchbook's lines are beaten by pinny regularly and by the square books constantly."
-What are you talking about? If your book is offering -110 across the board, you'll be hard pressed to find ANY game that it beats matchbook on, EVER... if you are laying -105, it'd still be rare that a game goes to kickoff without matchbook putting up a better number.

"Only a complete square would only play matchbook for all their bets."

-I should've been more clear... I have a a couple of accts for CFB GOTYs, and a one more 'square' book for laying bets when matchbook doesn't have liquidity (which hopefully will be a thing of the past come this year's season, but there will still be times when I just want to get money down and forget about it."

How are you still playing on Pinnacle? Even without it, 5dims will let you lay -105 but only up to $500... bestline and looselines combined can allow you to put up $5k more but I wouldn't really want to mess around with non A books at this point, and I really doubt that I'll need anything other than Matchbook for CFB except for the real out of market games, in which case I might have to bite it on -110.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: If you aren\'t playing on matchbook, you\'re doing yourself a disser

I was thinking about putting some money on matchbook, what's the minimum online bet?

I tried checking it out on all the review sites but couldn't find it there or on matchbook's website. Anyone know?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about putting some money on matchbook, what's the minimum online bet?

I tried checking it out on all the review sites but couldn't find it there or on matchbook's website. Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]
1 cent. I just tested it and I was able to bet .01
Old 06-14-2007, 09:11 AM

^^ Yeah, you can bet as much or as little as you want as long as there's someone to match, which there usually is.

If you don't like the odds that they're offering, ask for better ones and someone will take you.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:10 PM

ImStillBen,

If I made a living buying thousands of a tubes of paste a week, I would know exactly where the cheapest ones were daily.

GoldenBears,

Your comments are good for recreational bettors, I agree. If you want to win money, matchbook is not the "best" spot, but merely one of many you will use.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-14-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Withdrawls and deposits for US players?

[ QUOTE ]
How does matchbook.com rate in this area, please respond if you have any opinion on this as I could use some advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

solid on withdrawals, not sure about depositing (ask imben, i hear he only deposits).
Old 06-14-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Withdrawls and deposits for US players?

Matchbook is one of the best outs you can have. Obviously it is always optimal to have many outs. In fact with that in mind, there are no bad outs(assuming they pay). If I had to pick only one out to have I would choose MB. P is the other great choice but I can't get in there. Actually for overnight baseball betting P is better than MB because they don't have much, or really any, baseball market yet but I am sure in time that will change. But if your betting hours within starting time of the game MB, in general, has the best deals. Including the 2%, it's basically a 6 cent line on the money lines. Plus from what I understand, they are gold! Your money is safe there.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm relatively new to the 2+2 forums, but I've posted a ton on SBR and Covers...I noticed that nobody here is talking about MB so I figured I'd help spread the word and increase the liquidity even more.

Matchbook > Pinnacle > Everything.

Questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Matchbook offer five-inning lines for baseball?

I don't have time to wait for them to play 9+. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm relatively new to the 2+2 forums, but I've posted a ton on SBR and Covers...I noticed that nobody here is talking about MB so I figured I'd help spread the word and increase the liquidity even more.

Matchbook > Pinnacle > Everything.

Questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Matchbook offer five-inning lines for baseball?

I don't have time to wait for them to play 9+. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wish they did. They offer the game ml, rl and total. They also offer nationally televised live, in progress, betting.