Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: TPTK on scary board - calldown?

No way to fold TP/TK in a heads up.

Yesterday I had AK and raised p/f my opponent bets into my (A on the board) I call
Turn the same
River he c/c to show A2 (one pair of A)
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, anybody care to weigh in with a critique?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is your average unknown .15/.30 player has probably never heard of game theory in poker. Against unknowns don't base your decisions on game theory, base them on what you think the average unknown would do at that limit.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
okay, anybody care to weigh in with a critique?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is your average unknown .15/.30 player has probably never heard of game theory in poker. Against unknowns don't base your decisions on game theory, base them on what you think the average unknown would do at that limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, that is probably the best idea, particularly against someone just passing through and that you would not expect to play against again...

by contrast, staying with a default strategy versus the same opponent over several sessions would make you exploitable, either as being a weak/tight or loose/showdown monkey...

in the current situation there is some risk to folding a better hand to bluff, game theory would say to call down more times than to fold, and call about 3.5 times for every one fold...

bottom line is its probably okay to call down a few times against this opponent before we begin to fold on the turn versus a raise when we have only tptk...