Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: AHK request: Alert when I\'m up $X

Aislephive,

do you have both Postgres 8.0 AND 8.2 installed on your comp?

From the limited results googling "PQencryptPassword", it looks like that is an 8.2 addition, although I am not sure. Either way, my first guess why psql would error like that is cos it is on a mismatched version from libpq.dll. Pls check.

Also, if you have both 8.0 and 8.2 running, have you changed the port setting to hit the 8.2 server if need be?

Can you run psql at all? there is a "psql to template1" or similar shortcut in the start menu entries for Postgres... try this please.

About the sounds, yes, for each target (win / loss / hand count) it will play a sound on completion, also it will pop up a tray-tip, but I think you won't get those because of your settings.

If you have FTP and Party installed, the sounds will work as is - but you can edit the lines to usse anything your computer can play I think.

dave.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aislephive,

do you have both Postgres 8.0 AND 8.2 installed on your comp?

From the limited results googling "PQencryptPassword", it looks like that is an 8.2 addition, although I am not sure. Either way, my first guess why psql would error like that is cos it is on a mismatched version from libpq.dll. Pls check.

Also, if you have both 8.0 and 8.2 running, have you changed the port setting to hit the 8.2 server if need be?

Can you run psql at all? there is a "psql to template1" or similar shortcut in the start menu entries for Postgres... try this please.

About the sounds, yes, for each target (win / loss / hand count) it will play a sound on completion, also it will pop up a tray-tip, but I think you won't get those because of your settings.

If you have FTP and Party installed, the sounds will work as is - but you can edit the lines to usse anything your computer can play I think.

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I only have version 8.2 installed. I looked in the postgres folder and the only folder in it is titled "8.2," so I assume I only have that version.

I ran "psql to postgres" from the start menu and a black box filled with writing came up. If this helps at all, below is something written inside that may or may not help.

"Warning: Console code page <437> differs from windows code page <1252>. 8-bit characters may not work correctly. See psql reference page "notes for windows users" for details.

Also, I run music while playing, so I'm not sure if I'll hear the sound play. Is there another solution?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:55 PM

Glad you saw this, was wondering if you'd check back after your bump appeared milliseconds before my post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh god I hope my postgres function works with 8.2 ... I can't be doing with upgrading my DB right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Do you need a password to access PTPGSQL2? (you won't for postgres (template1) - try turning that off (for local machine) if need be (edit pg_hba.conf). Or is that done already, but you entered a password in postgres.ahk?

Or do you have nothing in the way of postgres passwords?

[ QUOTE ]

and a black box filled with writing came up

[/ QUOTE ]

So I presume it worked... some of the text was "welcome to postgres ... ... to exit type \q" etc. ?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I run music while playing, so I'm not sure if I'll hear the sound play. Is there another solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd prob notice the sounds anyway (if it is your comp playing the music - they'd come out at the same volume), but if you don't want to enable traytips, and can't hear the sounds it is easy enough to use MessageBoxes instead - I by default didn't want to use anything that would steal focus / cause interruptions to play, but it can be done. I contemplated adding an option for "Forcibly exit poker clients / insta-shut down computer" if 2X stoploss was exceeded or something - that can be done also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Can easy make an obvious on screen indicator if need be, but we need to figure out your postgres problem first [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 PM

I had the same problem so I copy/pasted the dll to the folder I installed the AHK in and it worked. After I did that though I had to do the same thing for 5-6 other dll files. I don't get any more errors.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same problem so I copy/pasted the dll to the folder I installed the AHK in and it worked. After I did that though I had to do the same thing for 5-6 other dll files. I don't get any more errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, thanks for the report [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Finding the script useful?

I'm gonna have to get 8.2 on the go sometime, and I'm thinking prob best to write a short guide to adding postgres bin dir (or maybe lib) to the system path is in order.

many thanks,

dave.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, this got it to work for me. I had to copy/paste every single .dll file to that folder though. I've tested it out playing 25nl with a stoploss of $1 and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much dave.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, this got it to work for me. I had to copy/paste every single .dll file to that folder though. I've tested it out playing 25nl with a stoploss of $1 and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent news [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll have to install 8.2 and figure out this dll strangeness.

Any suggestions for improvements / new features always welcome.

Has anyone noticed it updates percentage of hand goal in the title bar... so you can minimize it and just observe "32%, 640 hands" and such?

dave.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:59 AM

thanks Dave...

I'm getting this error:

I located the 'bin' folder and tried to put it in the same folder as the script but that didn't work. any ideas?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Just copy/paste psql.exe from that folder, not the entire folder. Also, you might have to copy/paste all the .dll files as well from the bin folder if you still get an error message.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 PM

Dave was cool enough to follow up with me, but I still haven't gotten the program to work.

I put sqrl.exe into the same folder, so now the script works
I edited the settings for $10 each way, and 20 hands.
I'm using localhost and the default PT name
I have FT and party installed

I still dont get any sound or pop up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]