Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Morning Lifting

I recently switched to lifting in the mornings. I have decided this is awesome.

It was originally in response to an article I read on t-nation that mentioned testosterone levels are higher in the morning. However I have found other benefits too.

1) My energy level for the workout is higher.
2) The rest of the day I know I've already done the gym and this helps motivates me to keep somewhat healthy diet habits as I don't want to ruin my good work.
3) I have more energy in general the rest of the day and am in a better mood.
4) My evenings are mine to do what I want with (often I throw in a quick run). I don't have to worry about playing some Xbox with friends since I am not blowing off my main workout.
5) The gym is nearly empty and yet I have seen more hotties there during my morning workouts.
6) It gives me an excuse to have bacon for breakfast.

Basically morning workouts pwn and you should all try them. I will admit that my living situation (15 mins walk from gym 10 mins from work) is ideal for it, as is my boss being cool about start times so YMMV, but once you get over the suckiness of waking up early that first morning, it's all gravy.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Morning Lifting

im also happy with my switch to mornings...

but going to bed earlier has its own drawbacks...
Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im also happy with my switch to mornings...

but going to bed earlier has its own drawbacks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that actually enjoys when I get to bed early? (<22:00) Then I get up earlier and I am not woke up by anything like afternoon heat or some ******* birds!
Or maybe it's just because the last 8-10 months (except previous 7 weeks) I had some kind of sleep disorder...
Old 06-13-2007, 08:48 PM

I love going to bed early and waking up early. I like to enjoy the daylight. Even though im going to be working from 4pm to 12am every day. so that is not going to happen anymore. I love being on a work schedule of 8-4.

Working out in the morning is great. when I am home my dad and I work out at 6am every morning before he goes to work.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand working out in the morning. When I'm lifting, I want to be completely focused in on everything and it is much easier for me to do that towards the 5-7 time range. Helps me unwind after a long day to go punish some weights.

The best time to lift is whatever works best for each individual person, but I'm glad you are enjoying your new schedule. I know plenty of people who would never train any time other than when they first wake up, but I'm just not one of them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 12:51 PM

I honestly feel weaker if i go lift earlier than when I normally do. Granted i couldnt go workout before work anyways, but im just really not a morning person
Old 06-14-2007, 04:44 PM

i also don't like lifting in the morning, for some reason i can only lift when i know my day is done and i can take as long as i want. at the beginning of the year i was waking up early to get to the gym before work, but i always found myself not pushing hard enough. maybe its because i dont have a days worth of food also, but my ideal gym time is ~5pm
Old 06-14-2007, 05:12 PM

If you are lifting with a partner in the evening that is really nice because you can unwind from a day of working, when we go after work it's sorta like my only social time of the day.