Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Boat on the river, massive all-in overbet

lol
Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the responses folks.

I ran my timer down, but eventually called only to see AJ. Seems that was the consensus.. you have to call, but vomit away.

I realize not betting the flop was what put myself in such a bad situation. Like I said earlier I had not seen the player do anything out of line, and assumed he would bet any ace on the flop. Once the jack came I felt a little uneasy in the hand, but was confident once he just called (dangerous board with AAA, or JJJ given two spades and 10-J-A). On the river my gut told me I was beat right away. After thinking about it, and having not seen him play any big pots I figured KQs, AK, or AQ might be possible and he thinks he is VS. A7 or the likes.

Thanks again for all of the replies. Woke up this morning and checking this damn thread was the first thing I did [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 PM

Bet flop! Call riv I think he backdoored a flush... I would be a bit scared of AA or JJ, but I don't like folding here becuz it wuz possible he had something like QTss and just backdoored a flush. For 5/4 a BI, I'm broke here all day and I would assume I'm ahead enough to make this river call correct. He can never put u on a boat at this point; I assume he thinks u have the straight, and he has the flush, so he's sticking in tons of money expecting to get called. Full house is rare here I'd say.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After thinking about it, and having not seen him play any big pots I figured KQs, AK, or AQ might be possible and he thinks he is VS. A7 or the likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those hands would probably bet flop (kq as semibluff, ak to maximize value from smaller aces). Where as AJ is pretty much WA/WB and might well check for pot control reasons (and become scared on turn when you raise his bet). So I disagree with calling river being the better play.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:28 PM

zeebo