Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 11:40 PM

Default NL Cash: OESFD - what do you do in this spot?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($238.05)
BB ($186.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($13) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $82</font>, BB calls $52.

Turn: ($167) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $108.25 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $275.25
Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: NL Cash: OESFD - what do you do in this spot?

i hate how this is played. i would have rather you called the min raise than reraise it, this way the pot is kept small and ull probably get paid off if u hit one of ur many outs, since he likely has something like tptk here (Run-on sentence). as played, i probably call the turn, because i dont think he plays the full house by pushing, so ull have 16 outs, although this is extremely close. i just know i cant fold this given the money ive already invested.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 PM

As played I fold here. With the board paired you could easily be drawing dead in this spot.

FYI, I would have taken the free card on the flop when the BB checked to you. you have a monster draw, and the BB is giving it to you for free. Why not take it?

On the turn, you have 0 fold equity now with the BB all in. Plus you have only 1 card to come now, and you could be drawing dead. Give this one up and fold.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 AM

Am I missing something or does this not make sense?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed)
Hero raises to $7, BB calls $4.

? 4 + 2 = 7?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:14 AM

I probably just call the flop here but if I do raise I am raising all-in. You have decent fold equity, are a favorite against an overpair, and have 42% equity against top-set. Plus you avoid what just happend.

I don't mind you flop bet here as you have a chance to take down the pot and have floped a monster.

As played the turn is a fold.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just call the flop here if I do raise I am raising all-in. You have decent fold equity, are a favorite against an overpair, and have 42% equity against top-set. Plus you avoid what just happend.

I don't mind you flop bet here as you have a chance to take down the pot and have floped a monster.

As played the turn is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really seems horrible with theese stacksizes.
IMO our hands becomes really transparent if you RR AI here.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 PM

i dunno why everyone is saying to call flop. i like the 3 bet for many reasons (meta game, he min raised, etc.)

almost any action (other than the one villain actually took) is ok for hero. if villain folds thats fine, if he shoves, thats fine too. even if he calls and checks turn thats acceptable.

the fact that he called and shoved is just bad luck for the specific hand that hero holds.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I fold here. With the board paired you could easily be drawing dead in this spot.

FYI, I would have taken the free card on the flop when the BB checked to you. you have a monster draw, and the BB is giving it to you for free. Why not take it?

On the turn, you have 0 fold equity now with the BB all in. Plus you have only 1 card to come now, and you could be drawing dead. Give this one up and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus no.

Not betting this flop is criminal. You should check behind here less than 10% of the time, if ever.

I generally like just calling the min-raise though. He's giving you tremendous odds and bad players will min-raise with monsters... so I leave that portion to the read on the player. I actually like jamming over 3-betting here (slightly) as he will fold leaving more money on the table then you have in equity at showdown. If he calls you obviously have a lot of outs and are ahead of TPTK type hands.

Pushing also gives you merit to bluff w/ overs in RR pots later on.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:10 PM

I like MasterLJ's analysis on the hand.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Just to clarify, I meant I like jamming as opposed to 4-betting (not 3-betting)... also, this situation is much more borderline since your straight outs are not clean which is why I lean more towards calling his min-raise.