Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Two hands with AI overbets.

1: Raise more PF, pretty tricky flop decision, does he do this with AK with his FE and gut shot? AA possibly, QQ probably trying to stack your AA/KK, mneh, it's only 100 BB's and you have like 28 of them in already, call and re-load.

2: Insta-call you've induced a bluff with the min-raise (don't do that if you're not willing to call!!).
Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Hand#1: If it is $432 more to call (so the stacks are $600 to start) then I would call. AQ or KJ are definitly possible. If he is doing it with a set then put a note as "Idiot who overbets when strong."

Hand#2: He might have a lower flush, a set, two pair.. doesnt really matter. Insta-call and love it. If he has the nut flush thats a cold deck plain and simple.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Ok, enough suspence [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], results time!
Hand 1: I call AI bet, villin shows; 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for bottom set. A well played hand by villan IMO, and a dubious call by me. Was posting to check there wasnt a "OMFG how can u call there" responce which I feel there wasnt but all in all I think the play has to be a fold.

Hand 2: Again I call, villan shows j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for middle pair. So top marks to Cyclosarin who read the situation perfectly in that villan was bluffing. I am a little confused as to why some people suggested a much bigger check raise on the turn? What is villan calling a big c/r with on the turn? Wont we simply fold everything we beat? Personally I prefer my line, which conveys weakness and at least gives villan an oprtunity to play back at us, any thoughts? Thanks again, very useful.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Reraise properly

[/ QUOTE ]
lol thank god for you people.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM

I forgot it was a reraised pot. Now i would say his range is more like: 33/TT/QQ/AA/AK

Either way it's still a fold.

Why he doesn't do it with 66? Because that would be a terrible play. It's a reraised pot, so it's wrong to assume 89 is in his range when it's 3/6NL.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:30 PM

... Ok. Just stfu and stop replying to me.