Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pro Bowl WEST - buy league Edge?
Yes, buy it for the whole league for $99 4 50.00%
No, don't buy it 2 25.00%
I'm not in this league / just show me the results 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, June, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
any way he could bribe sharkscope to delete that one game from the db?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have another idea, he could just take the money he was going to use to do that and just light it on fire!
Old 06-14-2007, 05:29 AM

so i'm obv jumping on a plane and going to hawaii.. I decided this 5 hours ago.

I AM SUCH A GREAT PERSON.

i'll be back in vegas on the 19th. see ya'll then.

bye bye now.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I had to quit Lost earlier this year...I can't believe I wasted prime hours of my life watching past season 1, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I think the best "Holy Crap!" moment was in season 2 (Two for the Road). I think Season 3 was probably the weakest of the three but it's still the best show on TV.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 AM

Jesus Wiggs,

I just wrote a giant post and you locked the Sng Icons topic. Lol @ z32 being a losing player.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:52 AM

Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight I see him at my table --
his new location: "PS rewards idiots"

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I wish that was true.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 11:57 AM

beat: I'm mailing my quarterly taxes during lunch today. GG checking account.

brag: I'll be in Costa Rica next week this time.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:10 PM

lol royal flushaments

PokerStars Game #10431029693: Tournament #52843230, $50+$5 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2007/06/14 - 12:07:23 (ET)
Table '52843230 1' 10-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Consice (4310 in chips)
Seat 4: Makelaris (1875 in chips)
Seat 6: jgunnip (1985 in chips)
Seat 7: sledge13 (1450 in chips)
Seat 9: cucamongaJim (2590 in chips)
Seat 10: enpea (2790 in chips)
Makelaris: posts small blind 75
jgunnip: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jgunnip [Qd Jd]
sledge13: folds
cucamongaJim: folds
enpea: folds
Consice: raises 300 to 450
Makelaris: folds
jgunnip: raises 1535 to 1985 and is all-in
Consice: calls 1535
*** FLOP *** [Td 6c 6h]
*** TURN *** [Td 6c 6h] [Kd]
*** RIVER *** [Td 6c 6h Kd] [Ad]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jgunnip: shows [Qd Jd] (a Royal Flush)
Consice: shows [Kh 7c] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)
jgunnip collected 4045 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4045 | Rake 0
Board [Td 6c 6h Kd Ad]
Seat 1: Consice (button) showed [Kh 7c] and lost with two pair, Kings and Sixes
Seat 4: Makelaris (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: jgunnip (big blind) showed [Qd Jd] and won (4045) with a Royal Flush
Seat 7: sledge13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: cucamongaJim folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: enpea folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Old 06-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Bitching about law school below.

Here I am going to have a theraputic rant about law school I dont know how long it will be but read at your own peril....

Ok, so I decided to quit work almost 2 years ago now (wow, really that long ago?) and go to law school. Took my Lsat back in DEC of 05 while I was unemployed (which was my official beginning as a pro poker player, eventhough I took another outside sales job that I held from JAn to April 06, where I didnt sell one account just got payed to play poker, I still feel guilty about that) at any rate as most of you know I did fairly well on the LSAT and had planned to back my bags with the wife and move out Las Vegas and goto UNLV. Instead however I took a 75% ride to Barry law in Orlando, a shitbomb lawschool.

When I first arrived at law school I definatly had a I am better and smarter than every one here attitude (mostly because I knew it was a bad school, I can still here Adanthar's advice not to even go to the school) at any rate, I truly believed I would be hands down number one in the class. Well first semesters finals came back and I didnt recieve a single A let alone booking a class!! Instead I had a 2.9 and I needed to have a 3.0 by the end of my first year to keep my scholarship. I told myself that it was humbling expieriance blah blah. I also realized that law school was way way way harder than I could have possibly imagined.

I regrouped and decided that in order to succeed I would have to change my priorities, meaning school first poker second. I also finally sucked up the courage to go see a shrink to get tested for ADHD and yup I was classic case. I have spent the next months "dealing" with this fact. It has been eye opening to say the least. The worst part of it, is accepting the fact that I am never going to be cured of my absent mindedness and inattentive problems. THis is a huge problem when it comes to law school. A few example of why this is such a big deal...

First semester, I took my Crim Law final and did in pencil a huge nono that we were constantly warned about but I didnt realized that I had done it until after the final. Result was a C, which is average but also the lowest grade you can recieve in law school without failing. I also in my tort final was the only student to be knocked down an entire grade for disorganization in my essay.

Second Semester, I spent 160 hours on a a research paper just to hand it in with a 10 point font instead of 12 putting me about 10 pages over the limit. THis killed my grade, let alone the fact that I could have written it in half the time and spent the rest of that time on my other finals a huuge blunder.

THese mistakes have really hurt my psychologicaly in terms of belief in myself. Can I really be a lawyer and make these mistakes. Again, the biggest challenge of ADHD for me is accepting that I cannot prevent these mistakes but just using forsight to minimize the damage, but Law School is not the enviroment that is forgiving for such mistakes.

At any rate as second semester went on, I literally threw my soul into studying. The meds I started to take helped but I still havent found a drug that doesnt have major side effects yet (insomnia, digestive problems, rebound effect)

We had a big competition for Moot Court which I really wanted to make. All 200 students had to try out and the top 8 make the team. I made it to the finals but then BOMBED terribly. THis still haunts me to be so close. They ended up taking an additional 4 Wildcards which I did not recieve. this especially hurt because the people who did recieve I knew that I did a better job then.

Going into finals the last month I switched meds again, and this stuff killed me. I actually went to the ER one night because I thought I was having a heart attack, turns out my stomach and esophogus had just been turned raw from the meds, stress and my diet. These flair ups were a bitch. iactually had one during my tort final. I always thought I handled stress well, but I literally had a panic attack during that final. Thank God for ADHD ability to hyperfocus!!!! Insomnia was also killing me I took my final in COntracts on no sleep. THese pills were the devil. ALso with rebound effect where you kind of have a comedown where you cant stay awake and have migrain type headaches for about 6 hours. THis unfortunatly happened during my property exam, where I literaaly fell asleep during the final.

Even though I bitch about these problems I dont think they effected me to severly during these tests. I still think I did the best I could do. And that is the problem!!! I recieved a 2.5 second semester leaving me with a 2.7 for the year.

THis means I lost half my scholarship. So I decided to go to this [censored] bomb school for the scholarship I no longer have. THis stings like a bitch. I never been so pissed off and disappointed with myself.

THe truly worst part is accepting the fact that I gave literally 100% and failed miserably. The saying is that it is easy to believe in yourself when winning but the true test is after you fail. THis is where I am at now. Trying to rebuild some self confidance. I took some summer classes and am in the library now,(where I should be studying) I am trying my best to rebuild but it has been a dick in the ass to say the least. hence, this post.

FOr those who love poker stories.....

Tying this in with my fledging poker career. Last October I made a somewhat rememberal post about a rant, tilt session where I destroyed my apartment. I ran really bad that month and lost about half my roll. I was already in school but still had poker as my major concern. Grinding, grinding, school work, grinding. First year law school and poker do not mix. THis is especially true for the ADHD mind. While I can multitask with the best of them. My mind can only handle one major passion, or life goal, or mentally draining activity at a time. At the time I thought I could do both and as the year went into Dec I was doing fine. Nov was a decent month but then DEc hit. Retartedly, I would be at the library for 12 hours studying and then come home and play poker. Wow, talk about tilt. Chased losses all the way to 10k drop in a week! Killed my bankroll. I atleast at that point realized I couldnt do both and managed to switch solely to studying for a while. FInals ended and into Jan 07.

After about a month break I took my fledgling 2k bankroll and started to rebuild. Jan went [censored] still tilting a managed to rebuil back to about 4k and tilted it off in another night of chasing losses, all the way down to 500. REbuilt again through Feb back to a little over 2k. At this point in March I had been seeing the psychologist for 2 months for the ADHD and found some insight but not alot. Have through March I tilted again all the way back to 600. So for the year I had made 3k in rakeback (PS 1k Walmart cards) But had made basically no money at all.

It was at this point that I realized it would have to be one or the other. I was beyond burnt out on poker. I realized that I had stopped "playing" poker a while ago and was looking at it, as more of an ATM machine. I stopped playing all together at this point and threw my soul into my school work.

Well as stated earlier did not do well with the school. SO I am at a cross roads at the moment with poker. I thought that by the time summer came around my love for the game would return. I have played a little but my competitive fire is still gone. I don't know if its because the thought of rebuilding is just to cumbersome or the thrill of winning is just gone completly. I am unsure of how I am going to continue or if I am going to continue. I still feel like a poker player, but playing poker is another matter. I also think that because I "failed" at my recent attempt at grandeur with law school as hurt my confidance along with my "failure" with poker Bankroll Management are really the same thing. If I can fix one I think it means I can fix the other. Of course I think the ironic part is that in order to fix one I may have to give up the other. And if that is the case, I will choose law school, without a doubt. Even with my self doubt about my ability to atually practice law, my thirst for knowledge and hunger for the law is there, and as strong as it my thirst for poker was for the last 6 years.

End Rant
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM

cliff notes?
Closed Thread