FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: 300/600 I think i made a good fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not understanding why you became passive after 4-betting from SB, and getting a pretty good flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, because the bb coldcapped????

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but from poor position, it was ok with you to 4bet....now that the BB makes it 5 bets, it is time to play a good flop weakly ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong answer

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you've clearly got it all figured out. enjoy the billions you make.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:20 AM

youre oversimplifying to some extent poker bob. at 30-60 it's fine to use your reasoning because it's almost always correct. but in a bigger game against more savvy aggressive opponents it's better to take lines that get pairs to showdown in very big pots whenever they have even the smallest chance of being good.

i was saying fold at some point too, but only after showing more strength. and JV said ian's range is really small. so i might be wrong in what i said above in this instance, but i think it has at least some validity.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:28 AM

Hey Mark, it was good to meet you.

Yes, this hand was played right after you first started the game. I think Ian played it well.

I respect you play, but I very much dislike calling the 3 bet preflop instead of 4 betting, think it's the worst of the three options available. 4 betting gets Ian to fold almost all of his hands, but more importantly I get Schneids to fold alot of hands that contain 2 overs (J9 for example) and get heads up with Gina.

As i played it, I cannot call the turn and fold to Ian's river bet, because I knew Ian would bet any river if I overcalled the turn. I knew this before I folded the turn, and Ian confirmed it later.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
youre oversimplifying to some extent poker bob. at 30-60 it's fine to use your reasoning because it's almost always correct. but in a bigger game against more savvy aggressive opponents it's better to take lines that get pairs to showdown in very big pots whenever they have even the smallest chance of being good.

i was saying fold at some point too, but only after showing more strength. and JV said ian's range is really small. so i might be wrong in what i said above in this instance, but i think it has at least some validity.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, 2 of the 4 players in this hand i play with regularly, so i'm not sure how much the stakes matter. i have never played with ian, but i know he plays well and thus is very unlikely to coldcap here without a big one. a better hand will never fold, so i see no point in doing anything other than check/calling the flop. the hand really unfolds on the turn. i think it is close between a call and a fold, but a turn call must be followed by a river call, as ian knows this pot is huge and that kirby will test him by calling the turn.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok.....I've been a lurker for awhile now and i decided to finally create an account and make my first post. I saw all the cool kids making posts about this 3/6 game we played the other night so I thought it would be fun. (Plus I have a hand that I'm a little confused about)

9 handed, Schneids (who it turns out does run bad) opens in the cutoff, Gina 3 bets on the button (this means absolutely nothing), I 4 bet out of the SB with 77, Ian J now foils my plan and cold 5 bets out of the BB, Schneids folds and Gina and I call.

flop 522 rainbow, I check, Ian bets Gina calls and I call

turn 9 still rainbow, I check, Ian bets Gina calls and I fold.

who calls down here? who plays this differently?

ps. anyone who advises to "fold preflop" should go jump off a bridge

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the 4-bet pf, and I think AK should def be in villains range. I would cap AK against agg CO, looney tune etc. I would call down, but dont fault you for folding w/ a Q on board and in a bad position relative to the betting lead. Looks like villain played this hand perfectly.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:31 AM

Hi,

Even with the interesting dynamic, my range preflop in this hand is something like 99+ and AK and that's all. If I called it's a touch wider but not much. If newhizzle was in Kirby's seat then it's a touch wider for each option.

Given that, and the fact that Kirby can not call the turn and fold the river in this pot, I think he played it the only way he can. He beats one hand in my range, and it's one of the least likely hands in said range given how I've played it thus far.

It's fairly unfair to Gina, and I take a good deal of blame for this, to discount her hand so much in this pot. She's 100% not an idiot at all. She's just much looser than most 2p2ers would call ideal, and more aggressive than most. Think DERB. Saying her presence or hand is irrelevant is wrong.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet-call the flop and bet-fold the turn. if he has the hand to raise the turn you need to fold because your bet there should be read as a bet-3 bet attempt. betting the flop is good because you force him to raise overs (assuming he can have AK and AQs here which might be wrong) and get gina out of the way most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

youz iz smahht
Old 06-14-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not understanding why you became passive after 4-betting from SB, and getting a pretty good flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but from poor position, it was ok with you to 4bet....now that the BB makes it 5 bets, it is time to play a good flop weakly ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong answer

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'll ever make billions, but I have plenty from smug pricks just like you who just think every hand has to be some fancy-ass play. Like 4B from the small blind with 77, then fold. LMFAO
Old 06-14-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong answer

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'll ever make billions, but I have plenty from smug pricks just like you who just think every hand has to be some fancy-ass play. Like 4B from the small blind with 77, then fold. LMFAO

[/ QUOTE ]

your reading comprehension skills are lacking.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's fairly unfair to Gina, and I take a good deal of blame for this, to discount her hand so much in this pot. She's 100% not an idiot at all. She's just much looser than most 2p2ers would call ideal, and more aggressive than most. Think DERB. Saying her presence or hand is irrelevant is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love her. unfortunately, i think she hates my guts.