Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: What should the dealer do? What would you want them to do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(It is a defensive procedure....the dealer is not sure if action is completed and is giving the players one last chance to keep him from making a mistake)

[/ QUOTE ]
"You are close here. It also gives players who think a mistake has occurred to speak up. I don't know what I would do without people that want to expalin the busioness to me."

uhhhh....that's what I said. But why not just have the dealer announce "Burning" before he burns ? That way, somebody who pays as little attention to the game as the dealers you like will not miss the opportunity to say something.
Or, you could make it like weddings..."If anyone here objects to this card being burned, and another turned, let him speak up now...."
But clearly, since you think "It also gives players who think a mistake has occurred to speak up" is somehow different than "giving the players one last chance to keep him from making a mistake", maybe you do need someone to explain the business to you. You certainly could benefit from someone explaining PROFESSIONAL dealer procedures to you.