Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: 3 ARRESTED from poker site EMPLOYER telling players cards

Nice try.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 PM

So what gaming commission was involved in these arrests? Employees work for both poker rooms? Calling bull [censored] too.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The moderator has already been notified about this post.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Missed.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:52 PM

You'd have to be either an idiot or someone with a hidden agenda to dismiss the possiblity of this, to say "this can NOT be happening." Bots are a reality. They are getting better. Collusion is an always present problem and has been since the beginning of internet poker. So the idea that there may be people in the know who are helping people cheat seems entirely possible. All we have are assurances from the site's themselves that dealing is random and fair, each hand is totally random, etc. To the extent that you trust them, then I guess you'll be okay. But can we be sure that those assurances aren't coming from a position of conflict of interest? I don't know.

As I said on another thread, wherever there is a chance to make money, even if it's "cheating", you will be able to find someone to do it. However, I need a link to examine before I'll believe this. I do not believe that the major sites are rigged. Some of them may be.

I really need to see the actual story, and not a rumor.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd either be an idiot or someone with a hidden agenda to dismiss the possiblity that "this can NOT be happening." Bots are a reality. They are getting better. Collusion is an always present problem and has been since the beginning of internet poker. As I said on another thread, wherever there is a chance to make money, even if it's "cheating", you will be able to find someone to do it. However, I need a link to examine before I'll believe this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't happenning because this would be bigger news and all over all poker forums online. Also, click on the link I posted above, there is no story on msnbc with the word "poker" in it that has anythign to do with what OP said.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just seen on 2+2 where 1 douchebag who can't beat online poker was spreading bs out to the internet gambling forum and cheated players out of 30 seconds of their life, said online poker is rigged, and pretty muched proved to the whole community how big a douchebag he is . HE'S DONE playing online...GOOD thing nobody gives a [censored] .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'd either be an idiot or someone with a hidden agenda to dismiss the possiblity that "this can NOT be happening." Bots are a reality. They are getting better. Collusion is an always present problem and has been since the beginning of internet poker. As I said on another thread, wherever there is a chance to make money, even if it's "cheating", you will be able to find someone to do it. However, I need a link to examine before I'll believe this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't happenning because this would be bigger news and all over all poker forums online. Also, click on the link I posted above, there is no story on msnbc with the word "poker" in it that has anythign to do with what OP said.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you who are getting your panties up in a bunch.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM

we should delete threads like this unless people can come up with some sort of story or proof.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 PM

ban
Closed Thread