Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: wsop Final tables behind curtains - no public view unless you pay $50

[ QUOTE ]
And you all thought Harrah's couldn't make things any worse.

Having a webcast delayed an hour so that the poor, underprivileged world-wide audience can see a final table doesn't necessitate locking everyone else out. It's only the greed that does that. There's no reason they couldn't have the webcast AND allow people to watch it live, except they would get fewer suckers, I mean, buyers of the webcast.

[/ QUOTE ]

The webcast is a deal, you get something llike 18 events plus the European WSOP and a subscription to Bluff magazine. You can cover the hole cards and try to read the board, but have the luxury of looking to see if you are right or not. MUCH bettter than not knowing plus you are not limited to the edited ESPN version and see all hands from start to finish.

I don't see how you can possibly conclude this isn't better.

I do think they need to find a way to allow an audience because that really enhances the vibe and enjoyment of the game.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: wsop Final tables behind curtains - no public view unless you pay

The ME final table is being done by ESPN only, so I doubt they're doing the hole card thing.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought ESPN liked having a live-audience there. Makes for better TV I thought. Players going to their 'crew' in the crowd and high-fiving everyone they know (and don't know) after their AA holds up seemed to take up about half of each broadcast.

Are they going to do this for the main-event final-table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Bluff is just doing this for some of the final tables that ESPN didn't want to broadcast. Basically they took ESPN's leftovers and tried to make some money off of it.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:04 PM

I would probably buy this webcast if these final tables weren't at such crappy times for east coast viewers. They are always coming back from dinner break after midnight...add a one-hour delay, and this is not feasible for those of us that have to work in the morning.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: wsop Final tables behind curtains - no public view unless you pay $50

All I can say is I'm really grateful that they didn't do this for Travis' final table. I flew out to Vegas for that last weekend and pretty much walked right onto the final table area as soon as I arrived and that FT experience was my best one ever.

I must say that if that same thing was goin on it would have dampened my trip quite a bit. But as we all know, it's green that makes the world go round. Bluff/Harrah's/Rio have been doing a really good job in general; it's hard to make everything perfect, and the money got to come in somewhere.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why don't they just show a version live, open to a live audience, without hole cards, and then broadcast it with hole cards, with all the breaks removed, the next day?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, but I think that would make too much sense.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why don't they just show a version live, open to a live audience, without hole cards, and then broadcast it with hole cards, with all the breaks removed, the next day?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, but I think that would make too much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

yesterday i suggested something like this to harrahs and the response was "people need the hole cards when watching." i said that i liked watching the ME final table last year even without hole cards, but nothing is going to be changed. instead, if you make a final table prepare to take only 1 loved one here:

Old 06-13-2007, 06:32 PM

Is the stuff available for archive? So you can watch replays of the various FTs over and over?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Yes, the events will all be archived for later watching.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the stuff available for archive? So you can watch replays of the various FTs over and over?

[/ QUOTE ]
the ladies final table is a classic, very entertaining, you will want to watch it at least 5 times