Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Default 25 nl- top two facing river AI

just sat down so no reads.
every street is debatable, i think. pf call is meh, but w/e.
thoughts on river raise?

BTN limps, sb raises to .85, hero calls in BB with KQ of hearts.

QJ4 (one heart)
sb bets 1, hero raises to 3.25 BTN folds, SB calls.
turn is 6 of hearts.
SB checks, hero checks.

River K.

SB bets 5, hero raises to 13.5, SB pushes for 6 more, hero calls.

for the record, river raise was kind of a misclick, i meant to make it 15.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 25 nl- top two facing river AI

Where are the stack sizes? Why the check on the turn with the blank? If you were trying to get a bluff out of him on river then that great but why try to push him out with a raise to $15. What kind of player is the villain. This info would help as well.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:27 PM

"Sb pushes for 6 more..." I assumed you guys could add (not to sound rude).

I checked turn because being c/red sucks balls- also because not as many worse hands call and to induce a bluff yada yada yada
Old 06-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Sb didn't make a raise of 4BB + 1 for the limper or even just 4BB, which makes it look like maybe he's a weaker player or possibly a good player trying to be deceptive with a very strong hand (not sure if this would be a good play). If this is a weak player then AT is possible here. If on the other hand it is a tight player or even a nit then AT is alot less likely, but they might have raised with 9Tsuited for deception and the flop continuation bet and then call of the raise followed by the turn check would fit this hand. A set is also possible but I think most people would have bet the turn with a set especially after you raised the flop. You have to call the river here, but I would not raise this river without a read after this strong bet and actually this bet does look alot like a straight.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:53 PM

bluffbetter,

i think villain's range is something like 44/JJ/QJ/A10/KJ/KQ/air.

but still, A 10 seems pretty unlikely and he might have 9 10 too.

I river is probably a call vs an unknown.

any other people want to chime in?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sb pushes for 6 more..." I assumed you guys could add (not to sound rude).

[/ QUOTE ]
Well most of us can add. You will however get better responses if you list your hand in a more organized fashion. Who wants to help someone out when they have to sit down and piece a bunch of puzzle pieces together before they ever even start to analyze the hand. Also reads on your opponent or nice to include.

[ QUOTE ]
I checked turn because being c/red sucks balls- also because not as many worse hands call and to induce a bluff yada yada yada

[/ QUOTE ]
I find your logic here flawed. You say that you checked turn because being checkraised sucks and to induce a bluff. Ok I can go along with that. Lets look at the inducing a bluff first. Ok, he bet the river so you got your "bluff" Now you try to raise him out? If its a bluff he not going to call. This play works better when you are first to act. Now on being scared of a checkraise, yeah everynow and then you will get a checkraise on turn with a crap hand but most of the time a checkraise on the turn after the following flop action is a pretty strong hand. Why would you be scared to find out if you are behind?
I feel that a bet on the turn would have been better. It would have gotten more value out of your hand if you were ahead. It would have let you know if you were behind a large majority of the time. It might have also allowed you to check behind on the river if you felt you might be beaten. Checking gives your opponant a free card if he is behind and if he is ahead might allow you to view his river bet as a "bluff" thus extracting even more money out of you.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 PM

jld-

this is probably going to sound condescending, but I don't mean it that way.

you are new here and there are certain ways you do and don't go about posting hands and the way i posted mine was fine. If i had had the actual hand history i would have used a converter. but i didnt so i presented it as clear as i could.the more posts you read the easier it gets to add up stack sizes.

"also reads on your opponent are nice to include"

its a little frustrating when people dont really read through your post. so when i say "just sat down so no reads" thats means I dont have any reads.

as for the turn check...

"why would you be scared to find out if you are behind [if check raised}?"

Because I'm drawing to the flush draw, thats why. lets say for example, villain has JJ. if he check raises big he wont be giving me odds to hit on the river and i will have to trhow away my super strong draw that is most certainly behind. where as if i check, and hte heart hits, i will almost certainly stack him.

if i didnt have the flush draw, i would bet the turn and if he raised, i would have an easy fold.

as for raising the river...

if the king had not hit, i would snap call this river. but it did, giving me top two pair and now beating QJ and KJ.
so I'm raising for value on this river.

in hindsight, my turn check is very,standard.
If you dont understand this concept I recommend reading
through some of the stickies because im sure they can explain it better than i have.