Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 PM

Default For Denver /Boulder Poker Players

I dunno if anyone else has seen this yet, but there's a charity poker tournament taking place this Friday, June 15th, in support of the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund, which Virginia Tech set up after the shootings. I think the organization who started it is a local VT alum group (my wife's a VT alum).

Anyway, the buy-in is $50, and while there's no cash prizes, there's a lot of donated prizes, which you can see at the following link: Colorado Cares - Virginia Tech Hokie Hold'Em Tournament

Address and registration information are on the page, and you can register via the web, and get a form for charitable tax deduction.

It's a good cause, and I suspect any 2+2er can crush the field (though they'll have to get through me and my missus, first [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
Old 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: For Denver /Boulder Poker Players

[ QUOTE ]

It's a good cause, and I suspect any 2+2er except for elitegimp can crush the field

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed a pretty important part of your last sentence [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'd love to play, but I'm already debating between an indoor soccer game and the June Blackhawk trip. I guess the fact that I'll be busto by 6p means I can do this and the soccer game...

Anyway, good luck in the tourney and don't forget the trip report!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:32 PM

Ah man, I wish they were different days...I could use a Blackhawk trip, to scrub off the losses of my last three trips. I had to rename everyone at my table "runner runner", becuase that's what they caught on me. Every. Damn. Time.

Anyway, yeah, we need TRs on the Blackhawk micro trip, too -- I hadn't even seen that thread.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah man, I wish they were different days...I could use a Blackhawk trip, to scrub off the losses of my last three trips. I had to rename everyone at my table "runner runner", becuase that's what they caught on me. Every. Damn. Time.

Anyway, yeah, we need TRs on the Blackhawk micro trip, too -- I hadn't even seen that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been talking up a Blackhawk trip with some of my friends from in town... I'll PM you if we ever decide on a date. I'm going out of town from the 21st - 25th and moving on the 28th, so it'll probably be pushed back into July [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 04:52 PM

Well, bummed that it would have to wait, but frankly, July probably works better for me, just the same. My live BR could use a bit more lack of use, heh.