Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

[ QUOTE ]
Truth-Hopefully I for one will be moving from this state shortly. Something I believe a lot of residents here will be doing.

I do realize that some cannont leave the state for various reasons and also that many love Florida. Hopefully for them the poker landscape will be tolerable in 2-4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL a lot of people are moving out of Florida. I think not.
Florida still remains one of the best places to live.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Truth-Hopefully I for one will be moving from this state shortly. Something I believe a lot of residents here will be doing.

I do realize that some cannont leave the state for various reasons and also that many love Florida. Hopefully for them the poker landscape will be tolerable in 2-4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many are moving in, but more are moving out then ever before.......and this has been increasing rapidly over the past 3 years and will continue to do so.

Many are moving, with destinations of Mississippi, Tennessee, New York, Illinois, and Michigan leading the way. There was a huge article on this in the St. Pete Times the other day.

All one has to do is look at the housing market in Tampa to realize this.

Insurance, taxes, crowds, and crime were the reasons given for the mass exit.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many are moving in, but more are moving out then ever before.......and this has been increasing rapidly over the past 3 years and will continue to do so.

Many are moving, with destinations of Mississippi, Tennessee, New York, Illinois, and Michigan leading the way. There was a huge article on this in the St. Pete Times the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is happening in South Florida, too. It's an impossible economy for the middle class. Insurance, taxes, utilities, interest rates, mortgage rates, homeowner fees are skyrocketing, home values are plummeting and wages are among the lowest in the country. People are losing their homes and scampering out of here at an alarming rate.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM

If I remember correctly(and I'm pretty sure I do), the time charge at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi was 6 dollars an hour, not for 1/2 an hour. They have no max buyuin.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is happening in South Florida, too. It's an impossible economy for the middle class. Insurance, taxes, utilities, interest rates, mortgage rates, homeowner fees are skyrocketing, home values are plummeting and wages are among the lowest in the country. People are losing their homes and scampering out of here at an alarming rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
St Pete Times has an article about the mass exodus from Florida.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:23 PM

My most recent message to the manager of one of the pari-mutuels in Broward County:

"There has been some talk regarding the interpretation of the "no limit" language with respect to hold'em. In particular, there has been some talk about cardrooms spreading 3/6 limit hold'em games inasmuch as there seems to be some wiggle room in the language of the new bill. For example, if a cardroom can spread a $100 NL hold'em game, they should also be able to spread a 3/6 limit game since the maximum loss on any given hand is capped at $72. The NL section of the statute (at least with respect to hold'em) contradicts (and therefore trumps) the $5 max bet and the $72 maximum loss in a 3/6 limit game falls below the $100 max buyin (and single hand loss maximum).

Any truth to these discussions?

Thanks for your time."

And the reply:

"At this time we cannot spread a 3/6 game. We do not want to rock the boat until we see what rules are written. The statutes are slightly ambiguous."
Old 06-13-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like the most profitable game might be 2/5 limit since we can definitely make those idiot gutshot chasers pay dearly on the turn and river. Say the pot is $30 (which would be very loose) at the turn and the person to your right bets, you raise and offer only 4:1 odds there. They need 10 outs to make it profitable.
Also a 1-5 spread limit game should be very profitable but I dont think you could keep the table full with weak players.What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if they can only get frelling Colorado to do the same (raise the max bet limits here on gambling), I could actually play some real poker here.

I detest playing no fold 'em hold em where the max bet here in colorado is 5 bucks.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Try $2 limit no fold em.

$5 would be a mammoth game in the sunshine state.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:50 PM

One good offshoot of the change is the Poker Boats are trying to keep their customers, the bigger stakes players who never play at the tracks where there was only low limit tournies with ridiculous rake and no foldem hold'em.

Sun Cruz has cut the rake in the NL and limit games.
And started freerolls.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now if they can only get frelling Colorado to do the same (raise the max bet limits here on gambling), I could actually play some real poker here.

I detest playing no fold 'em hold em where the max bet here in colorado is 5 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is our future, fellow Floridians.