Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:57 AM

Default 25 NL - lost with trips on flop

hi im new to cash games. i probably should have lead flop? i never know when to lead exactly. or can I c/c and lead turn? i took the third possible line but i dont know what is best. after his flop RR i am lost. obv only K9 and A9 or 22 beat me but i decided to call and see his turn action. he is more likely to have 9x than a hand i lose to but i also feel like i could be spewing

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $26.60
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $27.60</font>
UTG: $25.00
MP: $25.00
CO: $29.00
BTN: $22.60

MP posts $0.25
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.60</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $4.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $10.00</font>, Hero ....
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: 25 NL - lost with trips on flop

I shove the flop to his re-raise (I'd rather lead the flop though). I'm only really scared of 22, K9 and A9. I would imagine CO could easily have TT, JJ, 88, 77, 66, or a spade draw. He looks aggro on the flop, which could mean an overpair.

If he had TT or 22, bad luck.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:19 AM

Bet/raise flop.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 AM

what are we doing with a hand like 93 here?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 AM

Lead the flop.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:34 AM

With 93, we would be worried about all kinds of T9, J9, 89 hands. I'd still bet the flop, but I wouldn't re-reraise the flop as you certainly could be out kickered. I'd be inclined to keep the pot smaller.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 AM

Hi mate .... nice to see you here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well ... this is one of those marginal spots, where ... well ... I dunno, trips is one of the hands, where I tend to get a wee bit weaktight and carefull, so I might lead flop here. But i really dunno if anybody will give clear preference to one line instead of the other.

The thing with the c/r line is that it looks very strong, so basically you are folding out most non-nine hands out.

So the question is if your Q9 is ahead of villians range. You have a read and you can stove it, there is the obv A9s that has you crushed, but there is also J9s, T9s, 98s and what not (I have no reads, so dunno if villian will play 9xs or hands like T9o)

Now the thing is if you figure you are ahead of villians range (which besides the nines might hold a pocket pair or flushdraw) .... I just raise flop. He seems interested and there is no need to 'slowplay' at this point

On the turn, the ten is such a scare card hitting his T9 style hands, but pot is too big to fold, so just call (but again Stove it and do an equity calculation if n doubt). Raising flop would have avoided this situation.