Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:24 AM

Default 50NL-classic flush draw situation

I feel my biggest leak is playing big draw like this one, I felt totaly lost during that hand... Every street could be wrong and I wouldn't be surprised. The villain in this hand is a tag.
Is the flop call good? Should I have shoved instead? Should I have folded instead? why?
On the turn, I felt that it was obvious that I had a flush so I decided to check.. is this stupid?
On the river, I feel that my bet was too small because at that point, I was pretty sure he had an ace.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($59.95)
Hero ($99.45)
UTG ($46.45)
Button ($55.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $13</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $8.50.

Turn: ($32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($32) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button calls $15.

Final Pot: $62
Old 06-13-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: 50NL-classic flush draw situation

I would fold to his flop raise. He is not scared of the A, so it probably helped him (or he has a set), so you are drawing to 9 outs and are behind. He priced you out. You may not have huge implied odds because most tags won't stack off with TP with a flush on the board.

As played, I bet $24 on the turn and try to get it all in.
As played on the river, if you think he has an A (Which I do to), bet $25-$30), he'll call.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 AM

Well to make the flop call correct you basicly have to win his stack. He raised, so the chance he is stacking off is quite high. He might not put you on a draw because of your bet (read/opponent dependant).
You have to lead the turn, the pot must get bigger. Villain has around 45 left on the turn, and you have to get that in on turn and river. Maybe around 15 on turn and 30 (half PSB) on the river? Depends a bit on villain: if he is afraid of getting bluffed then a turn check and river open shove can be interesting, but as standard you have to lead turn.

edit: too bad i can't read. But my point stands, get the money in! You don't have to get the whole stack in this situation, but getting more value isn't exactly a mistake.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:02 AM

How on earth have the first two posts said calling the flop is wrong or you need to stack villain? This flop call is incredibly standard and +EV. He's getting almost 2:1 immediate odds. Come on.

I like the way the hand continued. Your hand was face-up and you extracted more value. The thin vb on the river was nice.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:06 AM

Getting almost 3 to 1 on flop actually and seems very standard call to me too. I also like the hand except I would have bet just a little more on river.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How on earth have the first two posts said calling the flop is wrong or you need to stack villain? This flop call is incredibly standard and +EV. He's getting almost 2:1 immediate odds. Come on.

I like the way the hand continued. Your hand was face-up and you extracted more value. The thin vb on the river was nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being able to read properly might be the answer you are looking for.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:12 AM

LOL OK. I kind of quit reading at; "Well to make the flop call correct you basicly have to win his stack" because I thought you were going to echo the first post.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:55 AM

Points taken, and of course you are correct. What do you do if you miss the flush on the turn? Check/fold?