Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: I hope Pokerstars doesn\'t screw me - need advice

The reason you charge a vig is to account for this very situation. You are screwed and you shouldn't get your money back; Stars is on point with this. Sucks for you, but you accept this risk and charge people accordingly.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:35 AM

So you informed UB and FTP that the person you made transfers to was a thief and they're not going to do anything?

Short of hiring Guido the Fixer and his baseball bat, small claims court may be your only recourse.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Transfers are supposed to be legit. Most poker sites won't let you transfer unless it's good money, that's why they don't let you transfer until 90 days after an epassporte or credit card deposit, because they want to make sure fraud isn't going on. If it wasn't good money, Pokerstars shouldn't have let the transfer go thru.

This problem would never happen with Full Tilt or Ultimate Bet, and because of this I probably won't do transfers with Pokerstars again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed. I know of no sites that delay 90 days before permitted a transfer. In fact, I fund a buddy who can't deposit [1] on Full Tilt (with the express written consent of Full Tilt) by depositing and immediately transferring to him the same day.

I have also done insta-transfers on Party (pre-UIGEA), Paradise (pre-UIGEA), and elsewhere. To even think about blaming PokerStars here is ludicrous.

Jester

---

[1] Because his address cannot be verified because he's an expat who lives in a different country from his citizenship/driver's license/mailing address/banking records.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 AM

No, I charge the 5% for the hassle of trading money and keeping a good roll on all the different poker accounts. I don't do it because of the risk, I didn't think there was any risk on my end.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 AM

Err.. doesn't it say on the Stars transfer window that PLZ CHECK THAT the person receiving money is the correct one, as Stars takes no responsibility in them.

Pretty weird. They should have the same policy at UB to make it 100% fool proof.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I charge the 5% for the hassle of trading money and keeping a good roll on all the different poker accounts. I don't do it because of the risk, I didn't think there was any risk on my end.

[/ QUOTE ]
5% is ALOT to charge of a hassle. Either way, it's on you if you want to trade. Since you charge, I couldn't care less if you got your money back. But to be honest, your not going to bc the sites won't assume the risk.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot be held responsible for your decision to do business with this guy. It is a risk you must be willing to take when you run your business.

I also had no way of knowing that this guy was going to do this. I had played on my account from his PC before with no problems.

That said, I obviously feel for your situation, and I am working with the PokerStars and the police to hopefully resolve this matter.

Thanks,
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this complicates things. I agree PokerStars shouldn't be held responsible for the money. But if Mike played poker on the computer of a "friend", when he had a lot of money in his account, and perhaps even had the auto-remember password box ticked, after all the warnings about this on 2+2 I think he has been negligent. I think he should make good some of the money lost by OP. He should take some of the burden, since it was his carelessness with his password / use of computers that allowed this situation to happen.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if Mike played poker on the computer of a "friend", when he had a lot of money in his account, and perhaps even had the auto-remember password box ticked, after all the warnings about this on 2+2 I think he has been negligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it was dumb of me to use someone elses computer and not change the password afterwards, but I had used his PC before with no problems. ALSO, I made sure to clear the remember password box and my username. I obviously had no way of knowing he had a keylogger running.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM

What are your chances of getting all the money back from the thief? Did he lose it from UB or is it still there? How seriously are the police taking it?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot be held responsible for your decision to do business with this guy. It is a risk you must be willing to take when you run your business.

I also had no way of knowing that this guy was going to do this. I had played on my account from his PC before with no problems.

That said, I obviously feel for your situation, and I am working with the PokerStars and the police to hopefully resolve this matter.

Thanks,
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this complicates things. I agree PokerStars shouldn't be held responsible for the money. But if Mike played poker on the computer of a "friend", when he had a lot of money in his account, and perhaps even had the auto-remember password box ticked, after all the warnings about this on 2+2 I think he has been negligent. I think he should make good some of the money lost by OP. He should take some of the burden, since it was his carelessness with his password / use of computers that allowed this situation to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most idiotic thing I ever heard.

Lets see, I left my house unlocked and someone stole my jewelry. They took it to a pawn shop . The police check the pawnshop records and recover my jewelry but I should partially re-emburse the pawnshop because it was actually my fault for leaving my door unlocked. What an idiot.

Transferring money with someone you don't know you take on the risk. Regardless if you say the 5% is for the hassle or whatever you were running a business for profit. Businesses take on risk , yours is that you might get scammed. You gort scammed and not by Stars. You used their system instead of setting up your own. Your loss. And for the one who played on his friends PC, well there have been numerous posts about this as well. If you kiddies continue to disregard the warning signs that say the stove is hot, well some of you are going to get burned. Grow up and take responsibility and stop thinking like a blame it on someone else lib.