Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Love at the Mirage

[ QUOTE ]
Without giving too much away, you get a slightly different show in the lower level than you do in the upper level, especially during one song, though I don't remember which one at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it hot chicks and do you get to see their monkey?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without giving too much away, you get a slightly different show in the lower level than you do in the upper level, especially during one song, though I don't remember which one at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it hot chicks and do you get to see their monkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you get to see the hot chicks from every seat. But there's no nudity -- in fact, I saw the show in previews and the final version, and they put more clothing on the hot chicks. May I recommend Zumanity, if you want to see monkey?
(For the record, I have yet to see Zumanity, and cannot vouch for its quality. Just for its alleged nudity.)
Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM

Love is great. Zumanity is awful. KA great. O, is, well, gay. Love is the best. Vox, great description.

Chances of getting ANY ticket to Love on Sat night, virtually nil, almost the same as getting a half-price ticket ever.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:55 PM

I saw Love in it's first week.

It's not typical Cirque, but is a great show, especially if you remember the Beatles.

If you want a 'typical show' I'd recommend Mystere and O, in that order.

With Cirque shows, what the best seats are is VERY subjective. Personally, I like to sit in the first few rows, and would pay extra to do so. In theatre, I always want the actors to look like people, and want to see facial expressions, etc.

However, many people think the seats further back, are actually better, because you can see more of the stage.

You pays your money and you makes your choices.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chances of getting ANY ticket to Love on Sat night, virtually nil, almost the same as getting a half-price ticket ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this really mean I will be wasting my time next week if I try to get just a single ticket for "Love" on the same day as the show from either Tix4Tonight or from Tickets2Nite?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this really mean I will be wasting my time next week if I try to get just a single ticket for "Love" on the same day as the show from either Tix4Tonight or from Tickets2Nite?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so. Last time I saw the show, the Friday after Thanksgiving, people were turned away from the standby line.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:15 AM

We sat in the first row (Nov 06) and it was great. But I think the second row might be a bit better since the stage is right in your face when you sit that close.

I noticed that even though the stage is radially symmetrical, there is a "front" and some of the action is more intense on that side.

I got my ticket from the Cirque website. Worth every penny, LOVE was.