Old 06-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: I hope Pokerstars doesn\'t screw me - need advice

[ QUOTE ]
better privately... through PM

[/ QUOTE ]

check your PM cent...

want to keep this as private as possible,
Old 06-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Welcome to the world of credit fraud.

[ QUOTE ]
Raise your fee to cover your credit risk. You were running a business for a fee, using someone else's system, what is your complaint ?

btw, that is how Neteller got started, they used Paypal's system and simply put a different face on it.

(Welcome to the world of credit fraud/chargebacks.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is pretty much how the business works. Now you get to earn your 5%.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM

This situation is with Mjafish, someone stole his account, and I am going to make this public. I talked with UB and they said that they don't take ANY responsibility for transfers between players and to keep their login info secure. Now it's fine that Pokerstars wants to get in the way of players affairs to protect playesr that DON'T keep their login info secure. But if they want to do that, then they should take the [censored] loss!!

The stolen car analogy doesn't apply here. If you buy a car and run it through the DMV, then it's a good car. Pokerstars went thru a security check, and found the money to be good. If they want to go thru all that, then that's their perogative, but a billion dollar a year company shoudln't screw a little guy out of $5000.

If they do end up giving me my money back, then I will say so here.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The stolen car analogy doesn't apply here. If you buy a car and run it through the DMV, then it's a good car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can sell you a car that will run through the DMV just fune. Just means im selling it to you before it gets reported stolen. If you buy that car, that then gets reported stolen afterwords, they still wont let you keep the car.

I get your pissed and rightfully so, but blaming pokerstars or looking for them to foot the bill is retarded. This is whats wrong with society, everyone looks for someone else to blame. You entered an arena were scamming is a very real possibility, and you got scammed. You put yourself in this position, own up to that. Hopefully this gets resolved but if it doesn't you just gotta accept it.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 PM

I cannot be held responsible for your decision to do business with this guy. It is a risk you must be willing to take when you run your business.

I also had no way of knowing that this guy was going to do this. I had played on my account from his PC before with no problems.

That said, I obviously feel for your situation, and I am working with the PokerStars and the police to hopefully resolve this matter.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 PM

Transfers are supposed to be legit. Most poker sites won't let you transfer unless it's good money, that's why they don't let you transfer until 90 days after an epassporte or credit card deposit, because they want to make sure fraud isn't going on. If it wasn't good money, Pokerstars shouldn't have let the transfer go thru.

This problem would never happen with Full Tilt or Ultimate Bet, and because of this I probably won't do transfers with Pokerstars again.

And I'm sorry that you're friend stole your password and account, Mike, hopefully we'll both get this resolved. All I can do is wait now.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 PM

Should at least give him half of his money in the mean time, I mean that just sucks.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't good money, Pokerstars shouldn't have let the transfer go thru.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are they supposed to do? Call the future and ask if the owner of the account is going to report it as hacked? You also realize the owner of the account my not even have been hacked, hes just saying he was hacked to rip you off. Is pokerstars supposed to do an indepth psychoanalysis of every player to weed out the crooks?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm sorry that you're friend stole your password and account, Mike, hopefully we'll both get this resolved. All I can do is wait now

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not my friend anymore.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:19 AM

So you know who this guy is? I'd shake him down for the 5k.