Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: playing the 88822 board

[ QUOTE ]
I've always wondered - is the dealer supposed to stack the pot in situations like this before the action is complete? It's not a split pot game and it seems like he shouldn't since he is giving information (prob a split pot) to a player that may (however unlikely) be unaware.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time you ever stack a pot before the conclusion of a hand is in split pot games specifically. You're basically telling the players the hand is over and we'll just chop it up by stacking it. No to mention, the dealer isn't getting anything from 5 players chopping a pot. He/she has a better chance of something from 2 players chopping the same pot though.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 PM

This past weekend, I was playing 2/5 NL HE. One player bets $100 on the suited flop. One player calls. Heads up.

Turn comes. Four to a flush on board. Check, check.
River comes. Flush on board. Check, check.

Initial raiser shows his 2,2 for a flopped set. Other player looks at his cards and mucks face down. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Dealer does not pull in the mucked cards and says there is a flush. Mucked player is not paying attention and so then the dealer kills his cards.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:56 PM

I had a dealer prestack a pot that was 4-ways going to the river with a 4-straight on the board. Fortunately I filled up on the river, and tipped him a little extra for saving me the trouble.

Speaking of people mucking incorrectly: Twice at the same table I had two people open fold to me for a side pot when the saw that they couldn't beat the all-in players hand. One time I had middle pair, and the other Ace high (busted draws.)
Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Not to mention that a dealer should not have his hands in the pot any more than is necessary.