Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:16 AM

Default FTP Collusion FAQs

Q1: How easy it to collude on FTP?
Answer: Very

Q2: Hypothetically speaking, if I were to collude with somebody I know, how would I go about doing this?

Answer: Pull up a chair beside your roommate, sit at a 25/50 NL 6-max game with him, sweat each other's hole cards, and print money from all the clueless donkeys at your table.

Q3: Wait, doesn't FTP ban people from playing together at the same table from the same IP address?

Answer: Nope.

Q4: How did you figure this out?
A: No comment.

For more details, PM FoxwoodsFiend or email betinfo@gmail.com.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: FTP Collusion FAQs

Pacific doesn't care if you are playing from the same IP address and only play together either. As far as I've seen you only get banned for trying to dump money.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 AM

why chair? An instant Messenger or Skype is more than enough and thus checking IP address is futile. To catch collusion you must analyze hands for unusual play.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:59 AM

Yeah, why use a 100% failproof way of catching some of them when others will still be able to get through?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:25 AM

I may be paranoid. Actually i am paranoid.
So whenever I sit down to play on full tilt i tend to assume that people are colluding. Perhaps no one is and the table is legit but often at the lower levels when people collude they do it badly. I don't even bother reporting it anymore if i suspect it, I just try to use the knowledge to my advantage.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So whenever I sit down to play on full tilt i tend to assume that people are colluding. Perhaps no one is and the table is legit but often at the lower levels when people collude they do it badly. I don't even bother reporting it anymore if i suspect it, I just try to use the knowledge to my advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you should not play if you actually think the others at the table are colluding against you. it is highly doubtful that it is +EV for the others at the table to be sharing hole cards--at least for you.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you should not play if you actually think the others at the table are colluding against you. it is highly doubtful that it is +EV for the others at the table to be sharing hole cards--at least for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is of course a valid point. But if people are colluding in such a manner that you can detect or suspect it, then they are exploitable in some ways. If people are card sharing or actively colluding against you and you have no idea then you could be in big trouble.
I learned some time ago, that if I can't seem to beat a particular table it's best to quit or find another table period. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why chair? An instant Messenger or Skype is more than enough and thus checking IP address is futile. To catch collusion you must analyze hands for unusual play.

[/ QUOTE ]

By chair, I assume you meant care. I don't know why chairs.

Also, sure people who want to collude via sharing hole cards and are determined to do it are going to. But this opens the door for people who otherwise wouldn't collude but now that they're in the same room the thought crosses their minds and now they don't even have to bother typing in IM what they have every hand so now they can 8-table collude.

There's probably a reason most sites do have IP restrictions.

-FWF
Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 PM

"Chair" was a reference to the OP (Answer: Pull up a chair beside your roommate, sit at a 25/50 ...).

And I am not so sure that you neccessarily have a stronger urge to collude if you sit in the same room. i often played at my friends place while he was playing, too, and it never occured to us to sit at the same table and help with information.

I rather think it's a matter of attitude: Colluders will always try to collude, whether being in the same room or communicating by other means. Honest Poker players won't (in fact, those won't even touch another account even if someone left it logged in accidentally)