Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: NL 100: Tricky JJ in BB

Say OP calls and gets heads up with the button and a harmless flop comes out, say 3 7 8 rainbow. What's his action? Check to the button or donk into him? If you check and button bets 3/4 pot, then what? If you donk and button raises pot then what?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Say OP calls and gets heads up with the button and a harmless flop comes out, say 3 7 8 rainbow. What's his action? Check to the button or donk into him? If you check and button bets 3/4 pot, then what? If you donk and button raises pot then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excactly! That was the primary reason that I folded it, even though it seems pretty weak. Interested on hearing what those who said call do on a generic board.

Regards, Youcan
Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 AM

It seems weak folding, but i don't think you lose much EV vs relatively unknown player. Also, it doesn't change your image as no one at the table knows what you folded. Dumping it is fine if you are uncomfortable playing it post flop, after all some tricky post flop spots could make the hand -EV overall
Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how does calling here turn your hand face up?a solid player's 3 beting range vs a button open is waaaaay wider than QQ+

i open a ton of hands from the button and usually get 3bet pretty light from the multitabling tags in the blinds, so calling here is pretty standard for me.
im def not fodling unless i know villain is a 12/8 nit.

i think calling is best here in general. and you're not calling for set value either.

EDIT oh wow, i completely misread action. thought you were button and BB 3bet... didnt realize it was going to be a multiway flop. folding isnt bad here. coldcalling 3 bets is mcuh differnt than caling a 3bet in position HU like i suggested above

[/ QUOTE ]

it turns our hand face up because cold calling 3 bets is so obvious we have like 99, 1010, JJ, AQ or AK

he is a multitabler so he is capable of isolating easy here, i go with a 4 bet if i have no reads like u dont
Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true but these spots come up often and if he has an overpair say nh, u cant just try avoiding all tough spots
Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true but these spots come up often and if he has an overpair say nh, u cant just try avoiding all tough spots

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I misunderstood your post. Do you say you 4bet and go broke on any flop with three low cards?

regards, youcan
Old 06-12-2007, 01:06 PM

I like a 4-bet pre-flop, and then going from there. Most likely folding to a push.

Even if called, the 4-bet gives hero control of the hand.

Our line is strong, and if/when a rag flop comes villain is playing guessing games as to if his hand is good.