Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Nice guys finish last

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that there are too many women out there who will go out to dinner with a guy repeatedly when she's not interested in him just to get free meals, although she might go out once or twice beyond when she knows they won't work out because she doesn't know how to turn him down gently.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read this yesterday I was thinking that's so unrealistic. Who goes to dinner with someone they don't like just to get the free meal? I would NEVER do that. I don't know anyone who would do that.

But then I started thinking of really good restaurants and well, hmm.... it's possible I guess. Just ONE TIME though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'd never make a habit of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. This reminds me of the old joke:

man: Would you sleep with me for $100 million?
woman: I guess I would.
man: Would you sleep with me for $10?
woman: WHAT KIND OF GIRL DO YOU THINK I AM?
man: I thought we'd established that, and moved on to bartering...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And anyway, being a nice guy pays off in the long run. You might not get as much tail when you are 16-22, but from 23+ you will pull tons of quality chicks because plenty of women finally start realizing they are sick of getting torched by douchebag aholes, and then they actually go out and find a nice guy. Sure some don't but who wants to date them anyway? You will also benefit from the fact you didn't turn into an asshat so you are actually going to have the potential for a happy life with a woman who loves you and a secure relationship, because you arent with some emotionally needy clinger or some [censored] who cheats on you all the time, and you didn't turn into one of those people either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never felt like using the phrase "end of thread", but, damn. This is good.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM

I think Voracious Reader and several others hit this directly on the head. I have always been considered a nice guy, and for a brief period in high school, I was somewhat like the guy in the article. I wisened up and am still a nice guy, but have no problem with the opposite sex in college. Yeah, I probably could pull a little more tail if I wasn't nice and considerate all of the time, but that isn't my personality and I don't think its worth it. This is similar to what another poster siad when a girl throws themselves at them but they don't want to use her. In the past 6 months I have had two girls I hooked up with want to date, etc., but since I did not actually like them enough to date, I did not want to do that just to continue getting actions. Wasn't worth it and I did not want to "use" them per se.

On the other hand, I have dated two slightly older girls who loved the way I am. So it makes total sense that as girls get older they no longer want the same things, and being nice, but not in a pussyish way, is a great thing to be. One other poster mentioned being nice and confident and I agree that that is the key.