Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: 300/600 I think i made a good fold

"a hand that is almost always way behind."

why would you presume that? if the button's lagginess means op's original 4 bet w/ 77 was right (and it was, ive played with gina), then why wouldnt ian be 5 betting significantly lighter than normal?

when the pot gets big it's right to spend extra bets with marginal hands to get the pot heads up and get valid information about the strength of your hand. why would that not be the predominant theory in a good strategy for playing this hand?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the button's lagginess means op's original 4 bet w/ 77 was right (and it was, ive played with gina), then why wouldnt ian be 5 betting significantly lighter than normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just gonna point out that there is a parlay in the thinking that people want to ignore.

Ian J may very well might be five betting way lighter than normal. So instead of AA and KK, we can add QQ JJ TT, 99 and AKs, sometimes, AK. I actually believe his range is tighter than that.

[ QUOTE ]
when the pot gets big it's right to spend extra bets with marginal hands to get the pot heads up and get valid information about the strength of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unclear that you can get it heads up and/or get valid information. But the overriding factor is that your hand isn't good often enough, IMO.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM

Not understanding why you became passive after 4-betting from SB, and getting a pretty good flop.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not understanding why you became passive after 4-betting from SB, and getting a pretty good flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, because the bb coldcapped????
Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 PM

id much rather just call preflop than 4 bet, having the lead dosnt do too much for you and i like to have flop position on gina and also to keep the pot at least somewhat small wiht this type of hand and to see what the flop brings

as played, you 100% have gina beat, so its just a question of whether ian will keep betting AK here or not, as thats the onyl hand he can have that you beat, vs ian, i dont think its too bad of a fold, but i would have played it a bit differently, you migth want to call and fold to any riv bet from ian, its close anyway

i think i remember this hand, it was like rigth when i started right?

if its the one im thinking of, ian played it well given his image, nice to at least make one person make a mistake, sucks it didnt work out completely as planned though
Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but from poor position, it was ok with you to 4bet....now that the BB makes it 5 bets, it is time to play a good flop weakly ? Check and call, then check and fold is now correct because of the BB capping it ? I don't think that is correct.
Would you play it the same way if the BB had just called ? Does it change the problems with the play of this hand by that much that it is now correct to CC, then CF ?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but from poor position, it was ok with you to 4bet....now that the BB makes it 5 bets, it is time to play a good flop weakly ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but from poor position, it was ok with you to 4bet....now that the BB makes it 5 bets, it is time to play a good flop weakly ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong answer
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 AM

4B from the SB is marginal. The BB making it 5B does not provide as much information as some of you are suggesting. If the BB is willing to call 3 bets cold, capping it may be just capping it. (And since EVERYONE is dismissing Gina's play as almost dead money, the BB can, too, when determining odds in relation to his hand.)
Now that you have about as good a flop as you can reasonably expect that does not include a 7, if you are going to check the flop, check-raising has to be a serious consideration.
The rest is covered by J_V:
"Ian J may very well might be five betting way lighter than normal. So instead of AA and KK, we can add QQ JJ TT, 99 and AKs, sometimes, AK. I actually believe his range is tighter than that. "Unclear that you can get it heads up and/or get valid information. But the overriding factor is that your hand isn't good often enough, IMO. "

"Unclear that you can get it heads up and/or get valid information. But the overriding factor is that your hand isn't good often enough, IMO. "

Bottom line is that 4B is a marginal play from the outset, especially if, as has been suggested, the 77 blows up in your face (even with a favorable flop) if the BB plays.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong answer

[/ QUOTE ]

What games do you play?