Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Pit Bull PSA

there are tons of things i could respond to, but who has the time to do that. or read that for that matter.

one major thing.. those that call bs on aggression towards other dogs but not towards humans are just wrong. this non agression towards human authority figures is just as inbred as the aggression to other dogs.

yes, pits are more aggressive to other dogs. but none of this is anything that cant be trained out of them. and they are not naturally aggressive towards humans in any way shape or form. they are very territorial and very loyal to their owner, and this can result in aggression towards anything, but this is the case with any and all dogs. the reason pits get the rap is because yes, when that agression comes out its a lot more intense, and they're strong as [censored]. the other reason pits get the rap is because theres no official recognized pit bull breed. any dog that has any relationship anywhere in its ancestry to anything that looks remotely close to a pit bull gets lumped into that category due to the ridiculous media frenzy. i've seen pictures of dogs on tv related to attacks that were called pitbulls that MAY have had some pit in them about 6 generations back. its pretty stupid.

i have 5 dogs, 4 of which could be considered an aggressive breed type (2 belgian malinois, 1 husky, and 1 rott/shepherd mix puppy), and every single one of them loves people, loves other dogs, has no problem with children running rampant around them and jumping on them, etc. all of them were very well socialized with both people and other pets (2 of them hate cats with a passion and no doubt would rip one to shreds given the chance, but the rest have had no problem with any other type of animal). the biggest problem is that people try to view dogs as humans, and they just arent. the way the process information, threats, etc is just alien, and people have to understand how to get down to that level. i would trust myself with any properly trained dog with a dominant owner, who is confident of its pecking order in the human family.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my own Pit Bull PSA:

I have lived in two cities, first in Philadelphia and now in Las Vegas. Both contain a rediculous number of aggressive dogs, and a large majority of those are pitbulls.

I often take my yellow lab to various dog parks and runs across both cities, where we have encountered thousands of dogs. My dog is also very passive in both play and socialization, so he is never the aggressor.

The only dogs I have ever had problems with are pitbulls. Most incidents were minor, and ended quickly with no injuries or just a tiny scrape or scratch. Well one time it got alot worse (this was in a fenced dog park in west vegas)...an uneutered male pit tried to mount my lab Rollins. Well obviously Rollins didn't like this so he tried to shuffle away and turned around and growled at the Pit. This completely set the Pit off, as he quickly became crazy, bit Rollins on the snout and then latched on to the back of his neck and proceeded to roll him over. I started yelling for the owner of the other dog and trying to forcefully push the pit off of my dog with my foot. He was latched on tight and just shaking the [censored] out of my dogs neck. I realized the pit had a chain choker on so i grabbed that and pulled it as tight as i could, trying to strangle the dog and meanwhile began stomping on his hind legs and back. i guess he finally got pissed enough at me because he let Rollins go and turned around to me, I let him go quickly and backed away and just as the dog got his bearings again his owner ran up, leashed him and dragged him away. Apparently he was on his cell phone and didn't realize what was going on.

Rollins got away fairly lucky, as he had a big gash right above his nose, and fairly deep bit marks on his neck, but it could have been alot worse. If the Pit had gotten to his throat there was probably a good chance of hitting a major vein and causing alot of damage. Somehow Rollins is such a big dumb lug that he isn't even scared of other dogs after that, which I am really glad of because he does like running around with friendly pups.

I am alot more careful now in that I won't go into fenced in dog parks with unleashed/unmuzzled pits at all, and if I see one come in I'll quickly leave. Finally though, as a last resort I carry a small locking knife with me and if something similar happens again, I have no problem impaling the aggressive dog in the chest or neck if it means removing my dog from harm. If I had a knife with me during the incident I described, I would have sliced that pit open like a [censored] tin can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you take the opportunity to introduce your foot to the nuts of the pit bull owner? Repeatedly?
Old 02-28-2006, 08:00 PM

you've got to be kidding me, you read the whole article and pull that one part out of it? give me a break.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:02 PM

I really think we should have let this particular breed of dog die a just death a long time ago.

Cops around here have had to shoot pit bulls a few times and I'm glad they did. These animals have been abused for generations and I really think that people should be banned from breeding them and that police should shoot the rest of them that they see out in public.

They'd be doing society a favor. A guy down the street from me got his Lab ripped apart by a pit bull. [censored] piece of [censored] owner let his dumb dog run wild.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Golden Retriever & Newfoundland Mix PSA

A mixture of a golden and a newfoundland will produce one of the dumbest animals on the planet. Attempts to train this dog will fail miserably, because its brain is the size of a grain of sand, and it exists only to get its belly rubbed. You could kick it in the face, and it would still try to crawl into your lap to get petted.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] piece of [censored] owner let his dumb dog run wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you've just proved the OP's point.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my own Pit Bull PSA:

I have lived in two cities, first in Philadelphia and now in Las Vegas. Both contain a rediculous number of aggressive dogs, and a large majority of those are pitbulls.

I often take my yellow lab to various dog parks and runs across both cities, where we have encountered thousands of dogs. My dog is also very passive in both play and socialization, so he is never the aggressor.

The only dogs I have ever had problems with are pitbulls. Most incidents were minor, and ended quickly with no injuries or just a tiny scrape or scratch. Well one time it got alot worse (this was in a fenced dog park in west vegas)...an uneutered male pit tried to mount my lab Rollins. Well obviously Rollins didn't like this so he tried to shuffle away and turned around and growled at the Pit. This completely set the Pit off, as he quickly became crazy, bit Rollins on the snout and then latched on to the back of his neck and proceeded to roll him over. I started yelling for the owner of the other dog and trying to forcefully push the pit off of my dog with my foot. He was latched on tight and just shaking the [censored] out of my dogs neck. I realized the pit had a chain choker on so i grabbed that and pulled it as tight as i could, trying to strangle the dog and meanwhile began stomping on his hind legs and back. i guess he finally got pissed enough at me because he let Rollins go and turned around to me, I let him go quickly and backed away and just as the dog got his bearings again his owner ran up, leashed him and dragged him away. Apparently he was on his cell phone and didn't realize what was going on.

Rollins got away fairly lucky, as he had a big gash right above his nose, and fairly deep bit marks on his neck, but it could have been alot worse. If the Pit had gotten to his throat there was probably a good chance of hitting a major vein and causing alot of damage. Somehow Rollins is such a big dumb lug that he isn't even scared of other dogs after that, which I am really glad of because he does like running around with friendly pups.

I am alot more careful now in that I won't go into fenced in dog parks with unleashed/unmuzzled pits at all, and if I see one come in I'll quickly leave. Finally though, as a last resort I carry a small locking knife with me and if something similar happens again, I have no problem impaling the aggressive dog in the chest or neck if it means removing my dog from harm. If I had a knife with me during the incident I described, I would have sliced that pit open like a [censored] tin can.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened to my neighbor's dog only this dog actually died.

Pit bulls are sick dogs and if I saw another one in my neighborhood I would NOT hesitate to feed it antifreeze. I'd be doing society a favor.

I think we need a law saying that people can shoot aggressive pit bulls on sight.

There is no excuse to ever own these sick animals. If you want protection for your family then a) buy a gun b) get a real dog and not a stupid pit bull. Perhaps a boxer or german shepherd.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pit bulls are sick dogs and if I saw another one in my neighborhood I would NOT hesitate to feed it antifreeze. I'd be doing society a favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to imagine what type of sick individuals could breed something that could type something so moronic.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to imagine what type of sick individuals could breed something that could type something so moronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow good one.

But pit bulls are sick dogs and no one would care much if I did it.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 PM

wish more people thought of this before getting one.