Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Event 16 - $2500 HORSE

Pokernews finally fixed their update page. Down to 10 now, Gigabet in 4th.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM

congrats thayer and mikey--plenty more fish in the sea!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokernews finally fixed their update page. Down to 10 now, Gigabet in 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gigabet Eliminated in 10th Place
Old 06-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Wow, Mad congrats to Walter Browne who has made 2 final tables!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 PM

It was impossible for me to have ran any worse today it was disgusting.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 AM

To expand on this, 4 different freaking times in o8 I 3 bet preflop with the best hand and ended up with 0 chips. One time gigabet opened early and some stupid r tard flat call with KT42 rainbow, I reraise with aa54, board goes QT5Tx so weee for me. It was just ridiculous how much I got screwed today and it was probably the most frustrating hour of my life. I have so many Sklansky bucks right now maybe I can borrow Brandi for a night.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Mad congrats to Walter Browne who has made 2 final tables!

[/ QUOTE ]

Browne came in second. Many poker sites don't know who he is.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:52 PM

He's a Grandmaster chess player, and very talkative and seems even a bit senile.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the hand you guys are discussing was played by thayer, not me. also, while its a bad beat I think jamming 3rd is a sizeable mistake for 2 reasons. 1, it turns your hand face up. if you just call there's a chance you're drawing at a 7 or worse. 2, you shouldn't want to tie yourself to the pot like that in these tournies as your variance goes through the roof. if you keep the pots small on 3rd you don't have to fight through bricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a hand I played, not Thayer. At first when I read your post I disagreed with you, cause I'm only behind A2, and if he has it, mazel tov, gg all. But you are right, as a small stack I want to reduce the variance and retain an option to ditch the hand if I brick on 4th and he catches good. Should've put the brakes on, even if in this case I'd go broke anyway. My worst game was clearly Stud/8 though.

There were two other hands I found interesting. Holdem round, I have 22 in BB, folded to the button who raises, I call. I check-call 873r flop, turn is 8, check-check, river is a 3, which makes my hand disappear. I almost checked, but caught myself and bet out, and he folded. To get approval from the big shots at the table, I show my hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Ah, vanity is my favorite sin. I was disappointed at myself immediately.

Later, in a stud hi round, small card brings in for 100, 4 folds to me, I have an Ace in the door and decide to complete to 400 before I see my pocket cards, which happened to be K8 I think. Andy Bloch on my left calls with a 6, and the next guy with a jack calls too, bring-in folds. Everybody bricks on 4th, I bet, both call. More bricks on 5th, I bet, Bloch calls, the other guy finally goes away. Nothing on 6th again, except that Andy has a board of like 6249 and I have A98J or some such. I pick up my 7th card knowing that I will bet any non-ace. I bet and wait for him to fold. And wait. And wait. I turn to him and he's staring at me with a half-smile. I try to shuffle my chips but realize that I'm dropping them all over the table. I try to stack them back at my side, but can't even manage that. I fidget and sweat and remind him that it's his action. He calls. I flip over my cards and only now realize that I have a pair of 8s. He stares at the board and says "what a sick bet". I'm like "what, I'm good?". He replies testily "well what do you think? Damn, made a right read, but a wrong play, should've raised you". I've no idea what he had, probably sixes. So I stopped shuffling chips altogether after that. D'oh, I suck at live games [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

HORSE was a total blast, even though I didn't do well or play well. Prop bets were flying back and forth, settlements of these prop bets negotiated in mid-tourney, people were getting updates from their horses in 5K stud event, hot chicks sweating the Sheik, Alan Boston going crazy from lack of sleep and abundance of Red Bull, everyone else making fun of him, Andy Bloch running the show, since he knows the rules better than the dealers or floorpeople, Blair Rodman trading some old stories, etc. Good times. Would love to be back next year.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a Grandmaster chess player, and very talkative and seems even a bit senile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just a GM, but a 6 time US champion.