[censored] TIVo
Wait
What?
David Chase, you son of a bitch!
I love it
World will hate it
People will complain
Old 06-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: What was the Sopranos about?

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was made fairly clear that Tony dies. I think the part that is left open to the audiance is who killed him? If you were to get shot in the back of the head you wouldnt know either. Also its the coldest death in the history of TV or Movies. No corny slow motion shots fired into the head or chest. You dont see the family holding Tony in their arms as he dies. If you recognized that cut as Tony getting wacked right away it realy left you feeling empty. You felt that more than if you actualy seen him get killed. As soon as the screen went black I knew what had happened. The only shocking thing was when I started reading this thread and I noticed that no one else felt the same way.

Dont overthink this one. Black silence is a symbol for death and not life goes on. Black silence can never mean life moving forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about that scene shows that Tony got hit? I see people talking about this but it appears that they just pull it out of their ass. The war is over. Phil is dead. Who made the hit? The members only guy? What mob hit have you seen that has the gunman come in, sit down, order food, eat the food, go to the bathroom, THEN make the hit. It doesnt make any sense at all. We can rule him out. You can rule out anyone who was at the diner before Tony because no one knew he would be there. So your left with the 2 black guys, who we see for a split second looking in the display, again not the way a hit goes down, or Meadow who is clearly the next person thru the door.
So who makes the hit and why??
Old 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What mob hit have you seen that has the gunman come in, sit down, order food, eat the food, go to the bathroom, THEN make the hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of at least one that went down that way....
Old 06-11-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What mob hit have you seen that has the gunman come in, sit down, order food, eat the food, go to the bathroom, THEN make the hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right because tony was frisking everyone who came into the restaurant - i remember that scene.

eh, it's all immaterial anyway
Old 06-11-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this random fellow patted down when he entered? Did he know Soprano was going to be at that diner, thus a cohort planted a pistol under the toilet?

The answers are no and no.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:23 PM

It was a joke. Get off your soap box and realize you don't know any more than the rest of us.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was a joke. Get off your soap box and realize you don't know any more than the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I knew more. Panties in your crack today?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Sopranos Season Finale Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tony is Dead

[/ QUOTE ]

...the mafia doesnt hit people in front of their whole family like that, unless they absolutely cant help it, it just doesnt happen (phil was a special case becuase he was in hiding and any chance is a good one)....

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout Joey Gallo? Possibly one of the most famous mob hits of all time, immortalized in Dylan's "Joey":

"One day they blew him down in a clam bar in New York
He could see it comin' through the door as he lifted up his fork.
He pushed the table over to protect his family
Then he staggered out into the streets of Little Italy."
Old 06-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lol'ed at this reaction from Yahoo:

"I get it! Chase whacked us!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahoo is still around?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, it's only THE NUMBER ONE MOST VISITED SITE ON ALL THE INTERNET. mongoloid.

Anyways, I thought the final episode was nearly perfect and I don't know how Chase could have made it any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

AOL is the most popular ISP. American Idol/reality TV garbage is the most watched show in America lots of weeks. Doesn't mean that anyone with any sense is using/watching. Same with Yahoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, so wouldn't it be stupid if someone made a post that said "AOL is still around?" or "American Idol is still around?"
Old 06-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about that scene shows that Tony got hit? I see people talking about this but it appears that they just pull it out of their ass. The war is over. Phil is dead. Who made the hit? The members only guy? What mob hit have you seen that has the gunman come in, sit down, order food, eat the food, go to the bathroom, THEN make the hit. It doesnt make any sense at all. We can rule him out. You can rule out anyone who was at the diner before Tony because no one knew he would be there. So your left with the 2 black guys, who we see for a split second looking in the display, again not the way a hit goes down, or Meadow who is clearly the next person thru the door.
So who makes the hit and why??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hired guns will likely make the hit regardless of any current events. Who would have authority and enough time to call off a hit on Tony after Phil's dead?
And for mob hits where the person ordered food etc beforehand, Michael Corleone comes to mind in a huge way...

As for no one knowing who would be there: i think A LOT of people knew they would be there. Lets see, the family had planned on going there earlier in the afternoon (they made a point of showing Carmella telling Tony earlier), and they ALL came separately. AJ would probably tell just about anyone who asked cause he's an idiot, Meadow might let something slip to her man thinking its harmless, who in turn might have done the same, and Carmella could have told any of her lady friends. The fact that the war was over makes it even more likely that they let something slip.