Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Event 16 - $2500 HORSE

[ QUOTE ]
wtf I'm like a nobody to pokernews. they never even list me in chip counts. I have 42k atm and according to pokernews I'd be 4th in chips, but I'm not even listed. thayer has 32k. were at dinner break.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not a nobody to us. Just go win the thing.

Tournament reporting is an awful, thankless, payless job. I tried it once in 2004 and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

I tried my best to get to know everyone in the money, to interview them and make some kind of human interest story in every event, but it's tough, and this was before the huge fields we have now. I can't even imagine trying to do that today at Rio. Even still, I got complaints about the way I wrote back then! No matter how hard you try, someone has to gripe about the way they were perceived.

Anyway, do your best and remember, you have people behind you, cheering you on, even if you aren't getting much media attention right now.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 AM

yYYY1!!!!

MDM FTW!!!
(fangirls unite)

Take it down, brah!

(I'm also pissed off at PN for almost completely ignoring Soulier in much the same way)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a pretty bad table - Andy Bloch on my left, Sheik on my right, Alan Boston and Blair Rodman there as well. My high mark was around 9K in chips after busting Sheik, who got replaced by Dutch Boyd.

Last hand was pretty sad - I have 2500 left, razz, 4 folds to me, I have (A3)6, complete to 400, Andy Bloch raises to 800 with a 6 showing, I 4-bet, he calls. We both catch 9, I bet, he calls. I catch a 2 (!), he gets an Ace, we get it all in. He has 9642A, I have 9632A [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I catch 8 on 6th, he catches 7 on 7th [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Had lots of fun during first day though. GL Thayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that you got busted, but next time I wouldn't go pouring chips into that pot vs. Andy Bloch in razz. He's one of the few players who knows what he's doing in that game. Turns out, you caught well enough and were too short stacked to have any other choice than all-in in this case. You just have to pull an AJ next time and win every coin flip [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf I'm like a nobody to pokernews. they never even list me in chip counts. I have 42k atm and according to pokernews I'd be 4th in chips, but I'm not even listed. thayer has 32k. were at dinner break.

[/ QUOTE ]

They obviously don't know who they're messing with. GL T, and let me know how the competition was in the razz rotations.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last hand was pretty sad - I have 2500 left, razz, 4 folds to me, I have (A3)6, complete to 400, Andy Bloch raises to 800 with a 6 showing, I 4-bet, he calls. We both catch 9, I bet, he calls. I catch a 2 (!), he gets an Ace, we get it all in. He has 9642A, I have 9632A [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I catch 8 on 6th, he catches 7 on 7th [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that you got busted, but next time I wouldn't go pouring chips into that pot vs. Andy Bloch in razz. He's one of the few players who knows what he's doing in that game. Turns out, you caught well enough and were too short stacked to have any other choice than all-in in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Based on the action, this hand was:
Bloch: [42]6 9 A 7
MBD : [A3]6 9 2 X

In other words, he was ahead the entire time money was going in, and could only be losing to one hand [A2] up until 6th, when MBD was a chop at worst [23].
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that you got busted, but next time I wouldn't go pouring chips into that pot vs. Andy Bloch in razz. He's one of the few players who knows what he's doing in that game. Turns out, you caught well enough and were too short stacked to have any other choice than all-in in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Based on the action, this hand was:
Bloch: [42]6 9 A 7
MBD : [A3]6 9 2 X

In other words, he was ahead the entire time money was going in, and could only be losing to one hand [A2] up until 6th, when MBD was a chop at worst [23].

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about his 3-bet (not a 4-bet) on 3rd st. where he got half his stack into the pot with a good hand, but likely ~50/50 vs. bloch's raise. After that, he would have had to catch running bricks to fold out of that pot.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 PM

the hand you guys are discussing was played by thayer, not me. also, while its a bad beat I think jamming 3rd is a sizeable mistake for 2 reasons. 1, it turns your hand face up. if you just call there's a chance you're drawing at a 7 or worse. 2, you shouldn't want to tie yourself to the pot like that in these tournies as your variance goes through the roof. if you keep the pots small on 3rd you don't have to fight through bricks.

sg, as far as the competition in razz, I would say that its almost easier than stud8. I was really shocked. I felt like a rocket scientist during the razz rotation. I felt really outclassed in stud tho.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the hand you guys are discussing was played by thayer, not me. also, while its a bad beat I think jamming 3rd is a sizeable mistake for 2 reasons. 1, it turns your hand face up. if you just call there's a chance you're drawing at a 7 or worse. 2, you shouldn't want to tie yourself to the pot like that in these tournies as your variance goes through the roof. if you keep the pots small on 3rd you don't have to fight through bricks.

[/ QUOTE ] My sentiments exactly

[ QUOTE ]
sg, as far as the competition in razz, I would say that its almost easier than stud8. I was really shocked. I felt like a rocket scientist during the razz rotation.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And We're Done

Instead of a final table, we have 20 players. We will be playing from 20 all the way to the end starting Monday at 2 p.m. Pacific time. Many top-notch players remain, such as Tom Schnieder, Robert Mizrachi and Internet pros THAY3R, TStoneMBD, and Gigabet. See you then!

Seems like you got their attention! Your 2p2 names are even listed in the chip counts.

GoGoGoGoGo!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:42 PM

16 $ 9,050 Thayer 'THAY3R' Rasmussen
17 $ 7,995 Michael DeMichelle

congrats guys