Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 02:40 AM

Default $12T: Iffy call on the bubble

I'm certain that villain is making this push with any two cards. This bubble had been going on for quite a while (five blind-levels) and he had pushed my BB at every opportunity since four-handed play began. To my surprise, SNGWiz still likes a fold. When I adjust villain's range to 99%+, it puts this call at -0.24%.

Is this one of those times to take a -ev risk because a better opportunity might not come? I'm the short stack with less than five BBs and I have nearly a quarter of my stack in the blinds. Folding with the intention of pushing ATC the next deal is problematic because villain has open-pushed half his hands since taking the chiplead. And by the time I'm UTG again, blinds will have reached t600 and the bigstack will have huge pot odds for a call from the BB. The other shorties might tangle with the bigstack, but I doubt it; they've been uber tight and seem content to wait it out.

So whaddya say? Go against SNGWiz and call, or listen to it and fold? Remember, I have almost no doubt that villain is pushing ATC.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t2234)
UTG (t3132)
Button (t2380)
SB (t5754)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t5754 (All-In)</font>, Hero...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: $12T: Iffy call on the bubble

Against two random cards which villain likely has, ace rag is a monster. I make my stand here. Sngwiz cannot take into account that you will have no chance to push first until you re critically shortstacked. Besides, ace rag rules on Full Tilt
Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 AM

I like to be the pusher, not the caller in these situations. I'd say fold. You have 2 more hands now coming for free. Look to push one of those.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 AM

trust sngwiz