Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Sopranos Season Finale Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
tony and paulie were talking outside about curses and tony told pauiie something (i couldn't make out what he said even after rewinding a couple times)...tony said something about cristophers death and 180? anybody know what he said ?

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it was about sports betting - that after christopher died, he was now winning his bets. that's a nice continuation of two things - 1. his sports betting, which kind of came out of nowhere and 2. his thought that all things in his life are somehow related to one another even if they have absolutely no connection (e.g. 'what are the odds of me surviving a gunshot wound? in the game of life, i'm way up')

nh, ser william
Old 06-10-2007, 11:41 PM

I saw a video of the ending posted on youtube a couple of months ago. I didn't really think it was the final scene back then, but I was wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1q9w1f7pY8
Old 06-10-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the level of certainty that there will be a movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like 1% maybe

Are they going to call it AJ and me?

James Gandolfini says he's more than happy to be done with the show, wants to move on, the plot is wrapped up, Chase has squashed any thoughts of a film...

I kind of lol at all the people that wanted Tony dead or want to believe that he actually got whacked. The last five minutes imo protrayed what the rest of their life is going to look like. Always looking over your shoulder, wondering who is behind you... Carmela always trying to find hobbies to hide how miserable she is inside, the parents consistently trying to mold futures when in essence they don't even know what that mold is.

Loved it, one of the best shows ever on television, and was really happy to be part of the ride.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:45 PM

when phil's head was crushed by the car it epitomized what i think sucks about recent soprano's seasons (this one especially) and that is gratuitous violence.

also, the more i think about the ending the more i like it. it was the one ending that no one predicted: nothing. isn't that the indespensible element of a climax? that is, complete unanticipation? i think the choice of music was real bad though.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 PM

Astroglide and Neal Schon owned this thread.

I think I'm pleased with the way it ended (the episode is growing on me quite a bit, actually). The big negative to watching this episode was that I was constantly thinking about how this was the last episode and I was frequently checking how much time was left - I don't think any possible storyline would have cured that.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tony and paulie were talking outside about curses and tony told pauiie something (i couldn't make out what he said even after rewinding a couple times)...tony said something about cristophers death and 180? anybody know what he said ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said his gambling fortunes had done a complete 180.

I really enjoyed this episode, only thing I didn't like was how quick Phil's guys turned on him. But I guess with 1 episode to go they couldn't play that out like it should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be fair, his guys weren't thrilled with the idea of phil's hit on jersey to begin with, and they didn't like phil either. so - yeah, it didn't exactly come out of left field.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bobby: "You probably don't even hear it when it happens."

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone have a pic of the last look on meadow's face?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was she running? Was that even Meadow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely Meadow, though I don't really see anything on her face.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h3z25D5w82xT
Old 06-10-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when phil's head was crushed by the car it epitomized what i think sucks about recent soprano's seasons (this one especially) and that is gratuitous violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

That scene was shot on Rt. 10 on the Denville/Parsippany border across from the new Barnes and Noble. I was driving past it when they shot the scene. Awesome that it was Phil's death!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoyed this episode, only thing I didn't like was how quick Phil's guys turned on him. But I guess with 1 episode to go they couldn't play that out like it should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part jumped out at me too. Butchie seemed to be extremely loyal to Phil and also seemed to really loathe Tony. Then one phone call later where Phil slightly reprimands him and he is ready [censored] Phil over. I did think it seemed out of character.

Now no one knows how long this war had been going on at this point, as some of these episodes can span nearly a month. So his discontent had probably been building, but we just didnt have a chance to see it. His life didnt seem to have been affected much though, as evidenced by the scene with him out on the town when he gets the call from Phil. Maybe he just saw this as his chance to grab the "big seat" with Phil out of the way.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

to be fair, his guys weren't thrilled with the idea of phil's hit on jersey to begin with, and they didn't like phil either . so - yeah, it didn't exactly come out of left field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this impression?