Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: wells fargo debit card

its free to use the card right?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Bumped to add:

Just got back from my local Wells Fargo branch, where I talked to the manager and the WF Fraud Dept. I followed the instructions in this thread and had previously "cleared" FullTilt as an acceptable payee for my account. Made a couple of successful deposits via my Wells debit card and everything seemed to be working fine. Went to deposit some more so I could play higher and the card was declined, no reason stated. Tried again, same result. Then went to use my debit card somewhere else and it was declined there as well. Turns out that Wells hadn't permanently added FullTilt to my account as an acceptable payee as I had asked, but had instead only given them a 72 hour window of acceptance, after which (and unbeknownst to me) it would be necessary for me to reauthorize FTP as an acceptable payee. They then silently froze my card when I tried to make several unauthorized FTP deposits in a row. The WF Fraud department said that this was standard operating procedure, and that clearance for future deposits to FTP would also follow the "good for 72 hours only" rule. I asked about funding an ePassporte e-wallet, and they told me that they were no longer permitting any (their word) transactions with ePassporte, as they had experienced too much actual fraud with ePassporte accounts. (I don't know if this applies to withdrawals as well as deposits).

Cliff notes: Wells Fraud Department says any pre-approval for FTP deposits via Wells debit cards is only good for 72 hours, then must be reauthorized. Also stated that ePassporte is no longer an option for Wells Fargo customers.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:26 AM

I added a wells fargo account for a 2nd bank. I bought into stars this week. 1st time I have ever bought in on any site with this card. Wells Fargo Debit card got approved. It said as pending for 3 days, then shows up as PSTARS LONDON on my statement.

I have had no other issues with the account.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bumped to add:

Just got back from my local Wells Fargo branch, where I talked to the manager and the WF Fraud Dept. I followed the instructions in this thread and had previously "cleared" FullTilt as an acceptable payee for my account. Made a couple of successful deposits via my Wells debit card and everything seemed to be working fine. Went to deposit some more so I could play higher and the card was declined, no reason stated. Tried again, same result. Then went to use my debit card somewhere else and it was declined there as well. Turns out that Wells hadn't permanently added FullTilt to my account as an acceptable payee as I had asked, but had instead only given them a 72 hour window of acceptance, after which (and unbeknownst to me) it would be necessary for me to reauthorize FTP as an acceptable payee. They then silently froze my card when I tried to make several unauthorized FTP deposits in a row. The WF Fraud department said that this was standard operating procedure, and that clearance for future deposits to FTP would also follow the "good for 72 hours only" rule. I asked about funding an ePassporte e-wallet, and they told me that they were no longer permitting any (their word) transactions with ePassporte, as they had experienced too much actual fraud with ePassporte accounts. (I don't know if this applies to withdrawals as well as deposits).

Cliff notes: Wells Fraud Department says any pre-approval for FTP deposits via Wells debit cards is only good for 72 hours, then must be reauthorized. Also stated that ePassporte is no longer an option for Wells Fargo customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I called them. This [censored] doesn't work. According to them, online gambling is illeeeeggal. I didn't know that!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:09 PM

Just got my new wells fargo debit card and it works on PS.
It was initially declined until I fixed the
my address in pokerstars to match the address
wells fargo had. No need to call Wells Fargo.

Also, my AT&T Visa gift card ($25 rebate for
signing up for DSL)also worked.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 PM

No problems with WF on PS or AP, didnt have to call-in. was declined at WPEX followed by quick automated call to my house asking if i had initiated transaction.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:39 PM

For any US players having WF debit card deposit problems, 1-888-293-7475 is the direct line to the WF fraud department. I've found them to be surprisingly helpful.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 PM

My WF card does not work for any of the sites. It used to until I had it renewed. So I opened a Compass account and smooth sailing now.