Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: AA, board is ewwww

I'm definitley shoving this. And fwiw from what I've seen the amount of people leading with KQ or any flopped straight at this level is approximatley 0, they always slow play. Almost every time the worst you see is 2 pair or a ton of stuff you beat.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:10 AM

i call this board "ewwww" because a loose opponent would easily limp/call a raise with connectors, or 2 "decent" cards. so 89, K9, 9T, JT, 9J, etc. are heavily within his range. i do not disagree, however, that this could be a bet to induce a cheap turn to hit a straight.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:00 PM

The pot is already 1580, and there is still the turn and river to come. I am getting all the money in right now before I get outdrawn. If he folds then great. If he calls I am probably in the lead, if not oh well, he made a mistake by calling the raise with a garbage hand that we are going to beat the vast majority of the time. Either way, I push it right now and feel good no matter what happens.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call this board "ewwww" because a loose opponent would easily limp/call a raise with connectors, or 2 "decent" cards. so 89, K9, 9T, JT, 9J, etc. are heavily within his range. i do not disagree, however, that this could be a bet to induce a cheap turn to hit a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, you were the one at the table, and if you've seen this out of the villian than I guess the board is more ewwww than it looks at first glance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But I'm still shoving [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Shove and have the satisfaction of getting your money in good before he hits his gutshot on the river.