Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Interesting MCM hand--fabricated?

In the last Riverbelle.info Monte Carlo Millions,very interesting hand came up between Kenna James and two randoms
They're down to 9 players, two tables, James' table is 5 handed

With a preflop raise to 31k by player1 with 5s5d, James has KsTd,and player3 has JcTh---1st 2nd and 3rd position respectively

James says something typically cocky before the flop, like "put 2s and 3s out there and see what they do"

Flop comes KcTsJh

p1 checks, James bets $75k, p2 just calls, p1 folds

turn 6s...James bets 150k, p2 just calls

River is Js filling p2 up on his two outer

James checks, p2, rather than going all in for his >150k left bets 40k...leaving James to call 40k into a 636k pot....James says out loud "i put him on JT, how can i call that bet".....thinks.....and mucks

This was at the non-featured table, and no hands were ever shown......just struck me as really odd the way the hand went down, and how James could avoid calling 40k with those odds
Old 02-28-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Interesting MCM hand--fabricated?

<font color="blue">They're down to 9 players, two tables, James' table is 5 handed

With a preflop raise to 31k by player1 with 5s5d, James has KsTd,

Flop comes KcTsJh

p1 checks, James bets $75k, p2 just calls, p1 folds

turn 6s...James bets 150k, p2 just calls

River is Js

James checks, p2, rather than going all in for his &gt;150k left bets 40k...leaving James to call 40k into a 636k pot....James says out loud "i put him on JT, how can i call that bet".....thinks.....and mucks

This was at the non-featured table, and no hands were ever shown......just struck me as really odd the way the hand went down, and how James could avoid calling 40k with those odds </font>

If no hands were shown, how did we know what everyone had?

I think there are a few other hands that could be in the villan's hand, to make James muck. First one that comes to mind is AJs, second is AQu.

If you were playing this person, what hands would you put him on after he checks the turn and bets 1/4 his stack into a 600K pot? Remember, you have top two with board kicker.