Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: What are the 14 states that are out?

Think Nevada may change their minds...LOL
Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 AM

The question asked was; Which States are banned under SKILL GAMING?

To help understand if you use PayPal, read the TOS there, Skill Gaming Wagering is FUNDED but they make exception to Poker. Paypal FUNDS AOL, MSN & Yahoo! Skill Gaming banning it in the 14 STATES Listed!

You must first use the premise, poker is SKILL, not chance, the states listed ban skill and any kind of online wagering.

Our fight is to get poker treated the same as Solitaire, it is really that simple, UIGEA be danged, it would not effect poker rather place it under the same regulations as solitaire.

You are looking at games of chance, I.E. Washington State Law.

PLEASE, go to the sites, AOL, MSN, Yahoo! and actually READ the terms of service and WHY these card games are allowed and under the RULES they opperate under ONLY these 14 STATES are not allowed.

The 14 LISTED STATES ARE ACCURATE relating to SKILL WAGERING on the Internet per the U. S. Company running the site, World Wide Winner and they have never been prosecuted.

Games listed as SKILL: Solitaire, Hearts, Spades, Free Cell, Backgammon, and others.

My premise: If solitaire is skill then poker fits this same catagory, skill. Both require ability and skill plays no less a role in poker than solitaire as both are random deals of a deck of cards.

Geesh........

obg
Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To help understand if you use PayPal, read the TOS there, Skill Gaming Wagering is FUNDED but they make exception to Poker. Paypal FUNDS AOL, MSN & Yahoo! Skill Gaming banning it in the 14 STATES Listed!

You must first use the premise, poker is SKILL, not chance, the states listed ban skill and any kind of online wagering.

Our fight is to get poker treated the same as Solitaire, it is really that simple, UIGEA be danged, it would not effect poker rather place it under the same regulations as solitaire.

PLEASE, go to the sites, AOL, MSN, Yahoo! and actually READ the terms of service and WHY these card games are allowed and under the RULES they opperate under ONLY these 14 STATES are not allowed.

The 14 LISTED STATES ARE ACCURATE relating to SKILL WAGERING on the Internet per the U. S. Company running the site, World Wide Winner and they have never been prosecuted.

Games listed as SKILL: Solitaire, Hearts, Spades, Free Cell, Backgammon, and others.

My premise: If solitaire is skill then poker fits this same catagory, skill. Both require ability and skill plays no less a role in poker than solitaire as both are random deals of a deck of cards.

Geesh........

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that, if solitaire is considered to be a game of skill, then poker SHOULD be considered a skilled game under the laws of these states. It doesn't mean it will, as we all know. We should work toward this, of course. One (of many) way to this is for all of us to strongly support SPGA (the Skill Game Protection Act, i.e., the Wexler poker bill). SPGA defines poker is "skill" under federal law. States will still be able to ban it, but most do not currently banned games defined as "skill", as you noted.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Ithink AZ and Conn allow INDIAN gaming only.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:35 AM

NOTE: I cannot say more, but this SKILL GAMING is being looked at as a LEGAL challenge to enforcement of Poker Ban but can say no more and no, not that current case in N.J.

Exactly Engineer, though I see no reason to actually need it Goodlatte makes good and introduces legislation to amend the Wire Act and place these games under it as well and IF the DoJ / USAO would follow the court rulings.

Somewhere somehow poker is NOT being included here and I do not know why, must be a DoJ THREAT is all I can think of since they insist the Wire Act covers everything even though courts have ruled differently, a mantra of the current administration; the courts are wrong and we are right so to hell with them.

obg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Geesh........

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that, if solitaire is considered to be a game of skill, then poker SHOULD be considered a skilled game under the laws of these states. It doesn't mean it will, as we all know. We should work toward this, of course. One (of many) way to this is for all of us to strongly support SPGA (the Skill Game Protection Act, i.e., the Wexler poker bill). SPGA defines poker is "skill" under federal law. States will still be able to ban it, but most do not currently banned games defined as "skill", as you noted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this SKILL GAMING is being looked at as a LEGAL challenge to enforcement of Poker Ban but can say no more and no, not that current case in N.J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm aware of some court challenges, and I assume there are few about which I've not heard....I wish everyone invoved in these suits the best in getting poker declared the game of skill that it is.

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly Engineer, though I see no reason to actually need it Goodlatte makes good and introduces legislation to amend the Wire Act and place these games under it as well and IF the DoJ / USAO would follow the court rulings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the political reality is that we need to show our strength in Washington, not necessarily to get what we want, but to keep it. A great example is where we "won" the WTO victory, only to have it snatched away by unilateral Executive Branch action. Had we demonstrated strong support for our position earlier, we may have had a better result.

It seems the feds will pester us no matter what, until WE get legislation in our favor.

Seems we have a few fronts in our battle. The legislative one, the judicial one, and the war of public opinion.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Has anyone seen this bill? I cannot find it anyplace.

obg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Geesh........

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen this bill?

[/ QUOTE ] sKILL BILL
Old 06-10-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen this bill?

[/ QUOTE ] sKILL BILL

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your opinion of this bill?
Old 06-10-2007, 06:56 PM

If new legislation is needed then THIS is it.

Frank's bill got the interest moving, this should be the river card we are looking for, though I still contend no additional legislation is needed.

Overall, an A.

obg