Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Why are internet poker players cocky [censored]?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a huge brag?

I owned this kid HU so hard he thinks I can see his cards.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks this is a huge brag?

I owned this kid HU so hard he thinks I can see his cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really rekrul just wanted to make it clear he is not a chetaer and h@ll is a [censored]
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ElD's post doesn't really strike me as leveling and I was surprised that some thought it did. More like obvious sarcasm. Maybe that qualifies as 1st level I guess.
I was even more surprised that a couple people actually had to ask whether he was serious about this. But then there was the whole pattern-mapper spectacular back in the day.
So why I'm still surprised about any of this is probably the most surprising of all.

About whether h@ll is leveling. I have no idea. Sounds like he's actually serious about this but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe i'm not up on what is officially a level, but considering that:
1) El D = Ulysses and therefore he WROTE that original post about the pattern mappers, and
2) Most readers of this thread registered long after the thread he was referring to was moved to the archives.

So it seemed natural to me he was messing around with people i.e. levelling.

[ QUOTE ]
I was even more surprised that a couple people actually had to ask whether he was serious about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's the definition of a successful "levelling": people don't get that you werent being serious. You are one level past them, you can see them floundering about with the subject matter but they can't see you grasping the idea.

I think H@ll is well aware that losing the minimum on that T8 2pair hand is obvious enough that rekrul can't see his cards i.e. would have folded (ignore losing token pots for "show"). I think he saw rekrul at PCA and made the joke, and when he realized rekrul took it seriously, continued it and had some fun with him... i.e. levelled him [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'll stop hijacking now.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I don't really think I was trying to level in my post. I was mainly trying to share a joke with El D. I would expect that most people in NVG now don't get the joke, since they haven't been around that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I always thought this was the very definition of a level on 2+2; [censored] with people who aren't in the know.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 AM

why does everyone keep using that stupid word "level". it's only used here. would this be considered nerdspeak?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 AM

Internet players are to poker what termites are to wood. Nuff said. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's time for a moratorium on the use of the term "leveling," which is just a stupid, kitschy, lazy way of expressing nothing while trying to appear smart or deep. "Leveling" is officially played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you said it, bro, cause I never knew what the f.k it meant in the first place, just saw it being used over n over again indiscriminately in what I always suspected was a subtle attempt to either a.) change the subject b.) inarticulately determine whether a respondent was making fun and sounding "witty" and "pre-emptive" in response (similar to the high-leaping and zigzagging gazelles preyed upon by lions in Africa (actually i think they're called "tommies")), or, most likely, c.) conform to a group mindset or ideology via a continually reproduced, mimetic argot designed to differentiate between those accepted and known by the group, and those considered "outsiders."
Always thought it was pretty gay, too. Lot of latent homosexuality on this site, what with the near idolization of certain posters and players....... Or maybe just another manifestation of c.) (above), weak personalities wanting to appear worthy and individualistic while having a deep need and seeking out a means to submit to a power structure, social hierarchy, etc. All supremely tard-level.
Peace.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 AM

I don't play that high but the 45 hand is completely standard and if your opponent doesn't get that I'm surprised he's playing that level.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Hacked the WSOP HU championship.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rekrul: how am i stealing from you again?
Rekrul: did i hack pokerstars?
Hallinggol: i dont know im not a hacker but i feel it playin you... and ill find out how and if/when i get proof u better be hard too find or ready to pay me my money

[/ QUOTE ]

lollerskates [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]